The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
How are people addressing their cover letters? Like at the start are you writing 'Dear Sir/Madam' or are you writing to a specific person. If you dont know the specific person how are you addressing? kinda confusing
Original post by Rkai01
How are people addressing their cover letters? Like at the start are you writing 'Dear Sir/Madam' or are you writing to a specific person. If you dont know the specific person how are you addressing? kinda confusing

That or dear 'x' recruitment team. You're not going to know who reads your applications, so not point stressing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Green-Shamrock
Does anyone know when applications for Morgan Stanley's SW programmes open?

Most banks will open in September

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 543
Original post by Princepieman
That or dear 'x' recruitment team. You're not going to know who reads your applications, so not point stressing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And im assuming you dont say the bit 'enclosed is my cv' cause its an online app?
Original post by Rkai01
And im assuming you dont say the bit 'enclosed is my cv' cause its an online app?

No, you don't ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gonna bump this with a list of firms offering SWs:

Banks:
Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
JPMorgan
Credit Suisse
Deutsche Bank
Citi
BAML
UBS
Barclays
Lazard
HSBC
Nomura
Rothschild
BNP Paribas
RBC Cap Markets
RBS

(Was offered last year, not sure of this year)
Macquarie
Cannacord Genuity

Big4:
PwC
Deloitte
KPMG
EY

Others:
BlackRock
Bloomberg
BP IST

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good list there. LSE always has good info on their website for any extras/smaller firms. I wondered if you know which ones are out. I know Goldman, Morgan and J.P are out but what ones open up september?
Original post by bobb99998
Good list there. LSE always has good info on their website for any extras/smaller firms. I wondered if you know which ones are out. I know Goldman, Morgan and J.P are out but what ones open up september?

Most others, then a few in Oct/Nov (Laz/Barc last year).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty sure UBS SW is open now.
Reply 548
Im bare confused. So for UBS they dont even ask for a CV or Cover letter on their app.
Now do you need to upload one onto your general profile which is separate from the app and will they even look?
Original post by Rkai01
Im bare confused. So for UBS they dont even ask for a CV or Cover letter on their app.
Now do you need to upload one onto your general profile which is separate from the app and will they even look?

You don't need to upload either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there no UBS Horizons this year? :/Really wanted to apply
Original post by Rkai01

Original post by Terry Tibbs
Pretty sure UBS SW is open now.

It says the position has expired or isn't currently available. Has any of you commenced your app?
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
It says the position has expired or isn't currently available. Has any of you commenced your app?

yes, I have. worked fine for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't find it anywhere. Link please? (The one I'm using is 'broken')
EDIT: Nvm, found it. The official link on website is broken, but from 'careers' it is accessible.
(edited 7 years ago)
Guys is there any other bank apart from GS that does non rolling apps for SW?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone link me the ubs one - i had issues starting it
Reply 557
How long do you get to complete the tests after you receive them for UBS? And how long does it take to receive the tests after the initial application?
Reply 558

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you attach a CV and/or a Cover letter?
Original post by Rkai01
Did you attach a CV and/or a Cover letter?

no

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending