The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Scared I won't make friends

I've never really had many friends. I've always been an outgoing person and quite friendly but I've never managed to have a close friend or a group of friends.

Everybody at uni seems to know each other on these group chats and when I say anything I'm ignored. Im so scared I'll be alone during uni and won't have any friends because everybodies got somebody :frown: also even if I meet people I live with, what if they don't like me? And how can I even make friends on the course when everybody will know each other :'(

Help

What do I do???
Original post by daisyfx
I've never really had many friends. I've always been an outgoing person and quite friendly but I've never managed to have a close friend or a group of friends.

Everybody at uni seems to know each other on these group chats and when I say anything I'm ignored. Im so scared I'll be alone during uni and won't have any friends because everybodies got somebody :frown: also even if I meet people I live with, what if they don't like me? And how can I even make friends on the course when everybody will know each other :'(

Help

What do I do???

I'm sort of in the same position.

I'm leaving school a year before all my friends so I won't know anyone when I get to uni, however, I've done a 7 week summer school and was surprised by the amount of people who also had no one that they knew going to their university. Although in quite quiet and have always stuck to having a few small groups of friends I found it really easy to get to know people and I've even made a few friends which has made me a lot less nervous about uni.

I'm sure everyone will be really friendly and I hope you settle into university life well , hope this helps a little :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Reply 2
Original post by LucyMConnor
I'm sort of in the same position.

I'm leaving school a year before all my friends so I won't know anyone when I get to uni, however, I've done a 7 week summer school and was surprised by the amount of people who also had no one that they knew going to their university. Although in quite quiet and have always stuck to having a few small groups of friends I found it really easy to get to know people and I've even made a few friends which has made me a lot less nervous about uni.

I'm sure everyone will be really friendly and I hope you settle into university life well , hope this helps a little :smile:

Thankyou x
No one will know each other, trust me. The majority of people are in the same position as you. Assuming you're a decent human-being, you will make friends!
Original post by daisyfx
Thankyou x

No problem, best wishes for university :smile:
Reply 5
Im in the same position as you actually accept im going to sixth form . Though like others have said, university is so muxh different than school. No one will know each other there as people go their separate ways. So if your not nasty or a bully ( which im sure you aren't :smile: ) you will get along just fine :smile: . Don't be too loud and be yourself, so people can respect you for who you are :smile: ..good luck and i wish the best!
You'll be fine.

I had very few friends before starting uni, and even when I was in the pre-freshers group chats I felt like the odd one out. I've just finished my first year and I've got at least thirty really good friends. Put yourself out there, as difficult as it can be, and you'll reap the rewards. You'll be fine! :biggrin:

If you have any more questions, feel free to message me. :smile: Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending