The Student Room Group

A level Advice (Starting year 12)

Heyy, so I'm picking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Geography and was wondering how any of you guys found the subject? opinions?

How difficult is it and what did you do for each of these subjects to keep on top and achieve the grades you wanted?
Any other advice that you think is important??

Any comments whatsoever would be great.
(edited 7 years ago)
Heyy,

Thank you so much for the reply and I think deffo take on the offer! Hope you won't mind me bugging you for some advice sometime:tongue:

Annd I'm doing AQA for all 3 sciences
I did chem bio physics and maths too like him^ have you not considered taking maths too? It may help with the physics and maybe some chemsitry. Chem exams are easier however the concepts are harder but when you get them you're sorted. Biology however, you think you know it but the exam requires a lot of skills as you need to relate the facts to new scenarios and statistics which is a bit harder despite easier content. Just keep doing papers and you'll be fine.
Also for chemistry there are tones of videos on YouTube. I watched loads of past paper walkthroughs done by chem teachers and it helped so much..so give it a try.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
Heyy, so I'm picking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Geography and was wondering how any of you guys found the subject? opinions?

How difficult is it and what did you do for each of these subjects to keep on top and achieve the grades you wanted?
Any other advice that you think is important??

Any comments whatsoever would be great.

Hey, the only subject we shared is Chemistry and all I can say is that it will seem like a breeze and you think you'll know it and get cocky...that's what got me an E in it! Seriously study so damn much for this because you don't actually realise how difficult it is until it comes to past papers!
Thank you so much!
Do you know any good websites for chem/biology?

Quick Reply

Latest