The Student Room Group

What unis can apply to for law with AS: BDDD

. f
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well i got into Leicester with DDE AS results. However, i was predicted straight B's and got 30/42 on the lnat. Finished my ALevels with AAB though.
London Met?
Original post by highfly
Just want to know if I can apply to Kings Bristol or any other good unis with AS results of BDDD and a good lnat/personal statement

Honestly, I doubt it. Those universities are extremely competitive, to the extent that a good LNAT and personal statement won't make up for your AS grades - a lot of people will have a great personal statement and high AS grades, so you simply wouldn't be able to compete with them. Unless you have valid extenuating circumstances, you should either apply to universities that ask for lower grades (ABB/BBB and lower, I'd argue), or apply after you've completed A levels, during a gap year.
Reply 4
Original post by jambojim97
London Met?

Yes and risk being unemployed for the rest of my life
thames valley
Reply 6
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Honestly, I doubt it. Those universities are extremely competitive, to the extent that a good LNAT and personal statement won't make up for your AS grades - a lot of people will have a great personal statement and high AS grades, so you simply wouldn't be able to compete with them. Unless you have valid extenuating circumstances, you should either apply to universities that ask for lower grades (ABB/BBB and lower, I'd argue), or apply after you've completed A levels, during a gap year.

But I am putting my AS grades as pending on UCAS so the uni will only have GCSE ,LNAT, PS and predictions to go on, because my AS contributes to my A2 so I don't enter my AS on UCAS
Reply 7
Reply 8
Little update I am studying law not Art, I need a decent uni
Reply 9
Considering the fact you have to redo these AS exams next year, i would say work extremely hard to push those and your A2s to As and Bs then even if you get rejections and offers from sht unis this year, you can go through adjustment next year and go to a top uni. Use the BDDD as a wake up call and focus otherwise just go to London Met and don't complain.
Original post by highfly
Little update I am studying law not Art, I need a decent uni

It's a little arrogant to belittle the unis suggested given the fact your AS results aren't exactly amazing. Either resit your AS exams, or work extremely hard at A2 - although with the latter option, you may need to apply post-A2 with your better results to stand a chance at a uni like Bristol or Kings.
Honestly, with those grades you don't have much chance at Bristol or Kings. I did King's summer school and they mentioned law was one of the toughest courses to get into and even people who get higher AS than yours get rejected. Either redo your AS exams and do amazing in them, retake Year 12 and get those grades up to As and Bs or do some other subject at uni and do a law qualification after.
Depends on what your predicted grades will be, I had BBDD AS, predicted BBB at A-Level (300 Ucas).

I ended up with CCE A-Level but still got on the course I wanted at Huddersfield, studying psychology, but I had applied for law and changed last minute.

So all depends really! Go off your predicted grades and apply anywhere, but don't forget to always apply for a foundation course. I applied for the foundation course at Manchester Met at 200 UCAS and the actual course is 300 UCAS. That is a good Uni. So is Huddersfield, for 300 Ucas.
Lol i just came into this thread because you got the same AS results as me! :biggrin:
Reply 14
Is this the new specification provided from Sept 2015?
Original post by highfly
But I am putting my AS grades as pending on UCAS so the uni will only have GCSE ,LNAT, PS and predictions to go on, because my AS contributes to my A2 so I don't enter my AS on UCAS

You need to declare your AS levels, regardless of the fact that they contribute towards your full A level as far as I know, though I think @Carnationlilyrose might be able to clarify.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by highfly
Just want to know if I can apply to Kings Bristol or any other good unis with AS results of BDDD and a good lnat/personal statement

lol try the old polys
Reply 17
Original post by jambojim97
London Met?

:colone:
Original post by highfly

Apply after you get next year's results.
That's right, if you sit an external AS, no mater whether it's modular (counts) or linear (doesn't count), you have to declare it. No UMS for linear courses, but you still have to inform them of your end grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending