The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DamnDaniel2
Something is honestly wrong! Im going for a remark because I am confident that I'll go up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I've put mine in for a remark too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MethylOrange_
Yes I've put mine in for a remark too

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just saw the chemistry unit 3 paper and in my results sheet it says I got 56/80 UMS which is a B but I actually got an A* so at least 72/80 UMS! This is so weird. Defo have to remark literally everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't do too well in my GCSEs ; I got them today. I got 5 Bs and 5Cs. I failed geography (D) and got a C in media studies which were two subjects I wanted to do at a level but can't anymore and when I met the sixth form's entry requirements they told me to do btecs because if I have no As or A*s I probably won't pass the a levels and she wouldn't stop telling me not to do a levels. I understand why she said it but tbh if I want to do the subject and I meet the requirements they should let me on, right? I was trying to do a level maths and physics I have a B in Maths physics and English language btw
Original post by oethan
I didn't do too well in my GCSEs ; I got them today. I got 5 Bs and 5Cs. I failed geography (D) and got a C in media studies which were two subjects I wanted to do at a level but can't anymore and when I met the sixth form's entry requirements they told me to do btecs because if I have no As or A*s I probably won't pass the a levels and she wouldn't stop telling me not to do a levels. I understand why she said it but tbh if I want to do the subject and I meet the requirements they should let me on, right? I was trying to do a level maths and physics I have a B in Maths physics and English language btw

Don't listen to them! Do what you want to do :smile: and that's definitely correct. If you've met the entry requirements for the relevant subjects then they shouldn't force you to do BTECs! They could easily reject you if they don't want you to do A Levels so keep on fighting and also look for more sixth forms and colleges :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our school's results went so bad they've asked us all for permission for a whole school remark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly with me! I got A* in my CIE IGCSE english language mock exam but in the real thing I got a D? I at least expected a B!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tough. That's what happens when you get cocky and complacent! AHAHAHA.
Original post by Jamie Vardy

But I never became cocky or complacent? So obviously what you said is just portrays you as ignorant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But I never became cocky or complacent? So obviously what you said is just portrays you as ignorant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got A*, A in CIE Lang/Lit Mock - Managed A/B in the actual test. Grade boundaries were much higher and the tests had quite strict mark schemes apparently.
Original post by CyberJake
I got A*, A in CIE Lang/Lit Mock - Managed A/B in the actual test. Grade boundaries were much higher and the tests had quite strict mark schemes apparently.

Oh okk! I was aiming for an A but came out with a C! Only 2 marks off a B so going to remark one of the components :smile: the grade boundaries were the same as last year wasn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys some opinions would appreciated
What A level would be a better choice between government and politics or business ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Our school's results went so bad they've asked us all for permission for a whole school remark

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow really?! How bad were they😱

Never had below an A* (or 95% for that matter) in History mocks etc but got an A in the real thing without getting cocky or complacent at all. If anything, the subjects I was cocky about I did best in.
Do you have any revision tips? 😂🤓😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by surina16
Never had below an A* (or 95% for that matter) in History mocks etc but got an A in the real thing without getting cocky or complacent at all. If anything, the subjects I was cocky about I did best in.

I think he was talking about me ahaha! And you did amazing Surina! Hopefully you get straight A*s after your remark :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 279 UMS in edexcel additional science. does anyone know how many raw marks I was off an A*?
Now that results day is over, who's up for filling out a survey? You're not? Well, hang on one second. Are you a very analytical person who questions the world? This is the survey for you! It's essentially a bunch of ethical questions which will test your moral standards. If you do complete one, it'd be much appreciated as it's for my Philosophy A-level project (I'm just about to enter Post 16). Many thanks! Sophie x:smile:
Original post by shohaib712
Do you have any revision tips? 😂🤓😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

Work sub-topic by sub-topic- NOT unit by unit. Breaking your revision down means you're focusing on every tiny detail in depth, allowing you to retain all the information you need!
x

How did you do in your GCSEs in the end?:lol:
A-Levl tips
-When you do past papers make sure you happy with what you are getting and look to see an improvement over time. If not revise more and learn from your mistakes.

-Tick off the specification to make sure you've learnt everything and nothing should shock you.

-Try and be able to answer every question on all the past papers.. Aim for 100 so you get higher than if you aimed for like 80 or 90.

-Also once you go through past papers do questions from other papers (Solomon papers etc. Or other exam boards with the same topics) on every topic you learnt for a bit then go back to past papers when you've forgotten the answers.

-Try and do all past papers at least twice.

-Start revising from the beginning and go over what you learn in every lesson

-Go over every topic atleast 3 times

-Keep track of what you get on past papers and make sure you meet your target.

-On your second attempt on the past papers make sure you see an improvement from the first attempt and so on.

-Focus on your weaker subjects when you have got your important subjects to where you want.

-Ask the teacher for extra homework and questions.

-If there is something you don't know ask the teacher straight away, or write it down and ask at the end.

-Treat your mocks like the real thing

-Always do more than is required if you are aiming for the best (which you should be).

-Don't get frustrated if you don't get something, watch YouTube videos on it, ask your teacher then attempt some questions.

-Take your time and do not rush things, make sure you understand everything you are doing.

-it's better to understand how to do something than just know how to do it

Try and understand it and you will remember it easier.

-Never give up

-If you get bored take a break

-Don't neglect subjects

-Always think you will pass, think positively.

-Nothing is impossible, you can get straight As, if x can why can't you? Just work as hard as you need to

-What you put in, is what you get it.

-Make sure you pick right subjects, if you know what you want to do check the entry requirements.

-Find something to motivate you, dream career? Uni? Making parents proud?

-Try and want to revise, it shouldn't be something you have to do.

-Help others out if they need it, it reinforces your memory and maybe they'll help you in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
7A*s (8 including ECDL) and 3As

Latest