The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Amateur boxing at canterbury christ church university

Is anyone interested in taking up the "Noble Art of Self-Defence" on arrival in Canterbury this September? If so the University Boxing Club will make you feel welcome!
Reply 1
Original post by Simon Kemp
Is anyone interested in taking up the "Noble Art of Self-Defence" on arrival in Canterbury this September? If so the University Boxing Club will make you feel welcome!

I may well be but will be at the Medway campus and living in Maidstone. My guess is the club is based in Canterbury?. I will also be using public transport. Is there any inter campus transport made available to students?

Thanks
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Chasdad
I may well be but will be at the Medway campus and living in Maidstone. My guess is the club is based in Canterbury?. I will also be using public transport. Is there any inter campus transport made available to students?

Thanks

Hi, Chasdad.
Yes, the campus-based, student-run Boxing Club is based in Canterbury. Fresher's Faryre (Canterbury) is on Wednesday, 21st September. If you contact the Boxing Club President. Tom Marshall, via their Facebook page, he'll be able to give you the best advice. As long as you're a student in full-time higher education and hold a valid BCR1 Medical Record Card you can represent your University in the annual BUCS Championships in February, regardless of which club you actually train with.
Hope this helps!
Best wishes for a happy and successful three years at CCCU!
Regards,
Simon
(S. KEMP)

Quick Reply

Latest