The Student Room Group

Failed GCSE English

Hello! I have failed GCSE English and was wondering if I could re sit it and still take a level biology, chemistry and another subject will i be allowed?
i got good grades in my other subjects
Hello there I just finished my As, i did Maths, chemistry, biology and physics and got 4B's
However, i got a D in GCSE english, so i also did english GCSE with my As so i had to do all the course work and exam, and i managed to get an A in GCSE english this year which i was the most proud off, so your too can do any A-levels you like with out English, history and other essay based subject.
Hopefully my advice was helpfull.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Ariyan khan
Hello there I just finished my As, i did Maths, chemistry, biology and physics and got 4B's
However, i hot a D in GCSE english, so i also did english GCSE with my As so i had to do all the course work and exam, and i managed to get an A in GCSE english this year which i was the most proud off, so your yoo can do any A-levels you like with out English, history and other essay based subject.

i wanted to do psychology which requires a B but i know i won't get into it. I like physics but its too hard as an a level
Reply 3
However, i hot a D in GCSE english, so i also did english GCSE with my As so i had to do all the course work and exam, and i managed to get an A in GCSE english this year which i was the most proud off, so your yoo can do any A-levels you like with out English, history and other essay based subject.

i wanted to do psychology which requires a B but i know i won't get into it. I like physics but its too hard as an a level and maths you need an A but i got a B :frown:
Every other option i HATE
Try Economics as despite doing all thr sciences and maths i am planning to do Economics at university.
Also according to what my tracher said psychology is one of the easiest Alevel if you listen to what yoir teacher says and just work hard, but apperently psychology at uni is the most common subject there is so alot of people do it buy only few get jobs so yeah look into what you want to do and find out what subject you need for it.
As for economics the gardes i need is A*AA or AAA, and maths needs to be the A* grade and you can do any other two subject you want as long as you get the grades
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Try Economics as despite doing all thr sciences and maths i am planning to do Economics at university.
Also according to what my tracher said psychology is one of the easiest Alevel if you listen to what yoir teacher says and just work hard, but apperently psychology at uni is the most common subject there is so alot of people do it buy only few get jobs so yeah look into what you want to do and find out what subject you need for it.
As for economics the gardes i need is A*AA or AAA, and maths needs to be the A* grade and you can do any other two subject you want as long as you get the grades

how hard was physics (i got a b in maths gcse and a few marks off an a in gcse)
I got the required grades tho
Physics was the hardest one, as because the first few chapters in physics is basically further maths so yeah i absolutely hated it.
Original post by Ninja3
how hard was physics (i got a b in maths gcse and a few marks off an a in gcse)
I got the required grades tho
Original post by Ninja3
Hello! I have failed GCSE English and was wondering if I could re sit it and still take a level biology, chemistry and another subject will i be allowed?
i got good grades in my other subjects

This is depend on your college or school; they will be the ones to tell you this information.

But you will have to redo your GCSE English though, as it is a legal requirement for anyone under the age of 18 to redo GCSE English if they didn't achieve a grade C or above.

Quick Reply

Latest