The Student Room Group

Confess something you want to get off your chest!

Scroll to see replies

I'm trying to stay strong for my friends - they need the support. But I need support too and feel overwhelmed.
Reply 21
I have suffered with trickotillomania for the last 5 years. I developed it after I was viciously bullied in year 8. The way I developed it was, as I was going through being bullied and I was at home one day after school I was watching the show "Friends", the episode where Pheobe pulled her eyelashes out and in my depressed state it turned into an addiction for me.
I have a large
Ive recently turned 18 and ive not kissed a girl
I'm bobby and i'm a chocaholic
I can't get myself to like others.
Everyone is the same to me. I can only pretend to like my friends and delude myself. So many of them are such good friends as well...
How come falling in love and liking others is so easy and instantanous for everyone? How do you do it?
Original post by JohnGreek
I'm addicted to a game I bought on early access on steam - to the point that not playing it or checking its forums is making me feel anxious.

What game?
I can be a really mean person at times :frown:
ur so blunt on WA and honest to god it's going to be reason our friendship ends because u make no attempt to show any interest in me at all fml
Reply 29
I shot harambe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I need advice on this guys. I applied to a really good sixth form and they told me to come and enroll on the 26th of August at 9am. However, I live far from the sixth form but I am supposed to move to a different foster home this week. So my foster carer decided to wake up late and we ended up leaving at 9 even though my meeting was at nine. So I arrived in the sixth form at 11:45 and I was the last one to be called in. The last few people before me we're getting rejected simply because the spaces were filled. I became quite angry and frustrated because if I had come earlier I would've got my place no problem. The principal called me in and we discussed poetry; he then told me he enjoyed the discussion but he couldn't offer me a place. And the thing I did after that kind of depresses me and I wish I never done it. I applied to the school last year and they prioritise different people in different predicaments. So in July, I was taken into care and I was meant to inform the sixth form but I didn't because I felt embarrased. If I did inform them then I would've gotten my place because I got a high score in my entrance exams and interview. BUt I told the principal about my situation AFTER he rejected me. And I knew after that he'll offer me place. Now I really don't know if I should go because I feel like I cheated the system and will never feel like I belong. It will always haunt me; but the thing is, I've wanted to go to this sixth from year ten.

I have four different offers from other sixth forms but I'm not interested. What do I do?

I don't think you should feel too bad about that. As you've said, had you informed them earlier you would have been offered a place anyway, so nothing has changed. Is the system fair that it automatically offers anyone in a predicament a place? That's up for debate. But it's not your fault that the system is unfair. Did the principal give you a place right after you told him you're in care?
Original post by Sanniabir
I'm really struggling to write my personal statement . Especially because I don't have the relaxant work experience . Is it too late to do some ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I had ZERO work experience when I was writing my personal statement, and nobody questioned my lack of it. Is it a prerequisite for your subject?
I want to, but I can't figure out how to get anon to work on this thread
Original post by MeeranB
I want to, but I can't figure out how to get anon to work on this thread

Can't, it's been moved to a section where you can't post anonymously. Otherwise there is usually a box that says 'make post anonymously'.
Original post by SamDrake
I have suffered with trickotillomania for the last 5 years. I developed it after I was viciously bullied in year 8. The way I developed it was, as I was going through being bullied and I was at home one day after school I was watching the show "Friends", the episode where Pheobe pulled her eyelashes out and in my depressed state it turned into an addiction for me.

I have this too. Whenever I see someone doing it, I feel so uncomfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sempiternitas
I don't think you should feel too bad about that. As you've said, had you informed them earlier you would have been offered a place anyway, so nothing has changed. Is the system fair that it automatically offers anyone in a predicament a place? That's up for debate. But it's not your fault that the system is unfair. Did the principal give you a place right after you told him you're in care?

What school did you apply to?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I need advice on this guys. I applied to a really good sixth form and they told me to come and enroll on the 26th of August at 9am. However, I live far from the sixth form but I am supposed to move to a different foster home this week. So my foster carer decided to wake up late and we ended up leaving at 9 even though my meeting was at nine. So I arrived in the sixth form at 11:45 and I was the last one to be called in. The last few people before me we're getting rejected simply because the spaces were filled. I became quite angry and frustrated because if I had come earlier I would've got my place no problem. The principal called me in and we discussed poetry; he then told me he enjoyed the discussion but he couldn't offer me a place. And the thing I did after that kind of depresses me and I wish I never done it. I applied to the school last year and they prioritise different people in different predicaments. So in July, I was taken into care and I was meant to inform the sixth form but I didn't because I felt embarrased. If I did inform them then I would've gotten my place because I got a high score in my entrance exams and interview. BUt I told the principal about my situation AFTER he rejected me. And I knew after that he'll offer me place. Now I really don't know if I should go because I feel like I cheated the system and will never feel like I belong. It will always haunt me; but the thing is, I've wanted to go to this sixth from year ten.

I have four different offers from other sixth forms but I'm not interested. What do I do?

Go
I have watched how a man carries a screaming woman by her hair on the pathway with their son right next to them. I walked past them because i didn't want to get involved.
I'm sick of worrying that I maybe have pretty much nearly every illness under the sun. I already have confirmed illnesses, I don't need to be stressing over every little thing about my body and making mountains out of molehills but I can't help it and it's draining me :cry2: health anxiety is **** 👎

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest