The Student Room Group

How can you tell if a guy is short from pictures?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I am Kira
You're pretty shallow if a man's height is a factor for you :colonhash:

Do you not care about the appearance of someone you'd be dating?
Original post by cbreef
Do one thing for me.
Stop using the words "child" and "manlet".
It must be soul destroying for shorter men to read this kinda stuff. If his height is a complete deal breaker, then that's pretty shallow. (Unless he's literally 4ft tall or something)
And just for the record, I'm 6ft 3.

I'm a really short guy, and tbh, unfortunately girls can't help what they're attracted you.

You are right though, my life feels completely worthless due to my height. This is something that I knew anyway though - this thread just highlights an obvious truth.
Original post by Sisuphos
You're actually making her case if you have to bring a world famous, rich guy to balance for height.

Height is very important to girls (apparently), get over it guys. Shaming someone for her preferences is not going to make her think "Oh yeah, short guys are lovely after all!".

Easy for you to say. And of course it is pointless to criticise someone for what they are attracted to - they can't help that.

However still, reading this thread does just remind me how 50% of the population views me as being completely worthless for something I have absolutely no control over.

I do agree that it's pointless to criticise someone for their preferences though.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Do you not care about the appearance of someone you'd be dating?

Not their height, something they can change like being overweight would show me they dont take care of themselves and would reveal their personailty a bit.
Height, no. And if I was dating them for real, their personality would be much more important then their looks, I'd be willing to overlook a lot of my 'preferences'.

Bit ironic that a lot of women nowadays seem much more shallow than most men ?
Original post by Anonymous
Easy for you to say. And of course it is pointless to criticise someone for what they are attracted to - they can't help that.

However still, reading this thread does just remind me how 50% of the population views me as being completely worthless for something I have absolutely no control over.

I do agree that it's pointless to criticise someone for their preferences though.

Oh for goodness sake, neither I nor any of the girls on this thread have said a guy who is short is worthless. I'm sure there are girls out there who don't factor in height when it comes to their preferences, just because I have a very strong preference for taller guys and a few others girls on here have as well, does NOT mean every girl does.
As you have very fairly said it is pointless to criticise someone for their preference.
Now can we all please take a step back, take some deep breaths and tone down the anal-ness over a preference.
Original post by mcneill98
Not their height, something they can change like being overweight would show me they dont take care of themselves and would reveal their personailty a bit.
Height, no. And if I was dating them for real, their personality would be much more important then their looks, I'd be willing to overlook a lot of my 'preferences'.

Bit ironic that a lot of women nowadays seem much more shallow than most men ?

Most men and women obviously care about facial appearance - which people can't really change. Maybe you don't care much, but a lot of people do.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Most men and women obviously care about facial appearance - which people can't really change. Maybe you don't care much, but a lot of people do.

Girls can very easily change their facial appearance, smack on some makeup and all of a sudden they look attractive. The amount of girls who hide behind a mask of makeup but then criticise others for not being handsome is just shockingly high.
Reply 87
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Thank you exactly! This is hilarious how I'm basically being slaughtered on here and the girls are being called shallow for saying we don't want to date a short guy.

Everyone's different, different people like different things, it's not a crime it's human nature. If you have a problem with that then you have a problem with human nature

You are lucky TSR did away with the negative Rep system. I've been a member here long enough to remember it, and you would have lost most of those green bars by your name by now.

The reason you are being slaughtered for this topic is for 2 reasons, one: there does seem a double standard on here which allows girls to be ....how should I put it, much more critical over a guys appearance, than a guy is allowed to be over a girls. The poster who made the post about how to tell if a girl is a fatty or not over her pictures highlighted it perfectly.

In the past guys who made comments about a girls weight were relentlessly attacked for being "shallow" by pretty much every female who was currently online browsing the forum.

Second reason why people are coming down hard on you is that most people online like to pretend and maintain a facade that they are not shallow at all when it comes it dating. EG: "It's not looks that matter, it's the personality" tends to be the most cliched. Females are much worst perpetrators of this than males ...but every gender does it to an extent. Superficial components like looks, money, height, race, build ...etc are seen as sh*tty reasons to not be interested in someone romantically. But anyone who is actually switched on when they step away from their keyboard and enter the real world will realize that most people routinely discriminate on atleast one of those components.

It's just that online everyone likes to pretend that they don't matter :smile:
Reply 88
I got this 5ft 1 pakistani acquaintance who always takes selfies from the floor up to look like he's towering over the camera lol

I don't know why he does that tbh
Awks, I'm 5 ft 8 am I too small :redface:
Original post by Anonymous

Easy for me to say what? I'm 5'7''. A **** ton of girls wouldn't like me because of my height. Not gonna blame the OP or anyone else for that though.

BTW, admins, fix the quoting system, I don't get any notifications when I'm being quoted.
A fat girl can get thin, if you're a short man you can't change that. Apples to Oranges comparison.
Check objects in the photo to compare such as doors, gates, wall lights etc. also anyone attacking you is a guy and already but hurt because they are likely short and they KNOW we as in 99.9% of all women care about height and the short men can’t stand it. Tough sh*t get over it!Anything 5’9 and under is short 5’10-11 is average 6’0 and above is tall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending