It's not the first time. :laugh:

It was funny.
Original post by champ_mc99
I guess sarcasm isn't really my thing. :dontknow:

It's not the first time. :laugh:

Wow. Hilarious.
Reply 23
Original post by AlexLawrence1453
OK, do you not think that using the term bigot as a method of dismissal is harmful to constructive discussion? If you don't agree with someone, you don't dismiss them, shame them and invalidate them. You first attempt to understand their position, then explain why you disagree with parts of it. If you want to actually change someone's mind, being a mindless zombie regurgitating buzzwords isn't going to convince anyone.

It's so sad the lengths people will go to defend this man.
You are trying to justify his actions.
If a racist comment was thrown by a man at a black man, would you not agree that man is a racist, or is it just another buzzword to you?
Would you still be asking why I disagree with it?

Discrimination against anyone is wrong, this is something you learn in primary school.
Says a lot about you if you try and defend such actions whatever the reasonings are behind it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a ****boy
Original post by HAnwar
It's so sad the lengths people will go to defend this man.
You are trying to justify his actions.
If a racist comment was thrown by a man at a black man, would you not agree that man is a racist, or is it just another buzzword to you?
Would you still be asking why I disagree with it?

Discrimination against anyone is wrong, this is something you learn in primary school.
Says a lot about you if you try and defend such actions whatever the reasonings are behind it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK, do you not think that attacking someone's character is harmful to constructive discussion? Do you not think that insulting my intelligence is harmful to discussion? Do you not think that lying about me is harmful to discussion? I'm not justifying his actions, I'm questioning your tactics and mindset in a constructive and non-aggressive way. I do not think that he should ban muslims, but I do not own his business, and so I do not think I should have any legal grounds to stop him, for the record. Character assassination doesn't reveal truth, it hides it and stifles discussion.
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I would not agree that the man is racist. He made a racist comment, but that doesn't make him racist. If he believed that one race was superior to another due to innate characteristics of that race, then he would be racist. If he said something racist, he doesn't need to believe it. I wouldn't use the term racist to describe him in a discussion, though. It has too much stigma behind it and will only be used as a shaming tactic, and will not change his opinions. Also, a quick question: why did the race of the person receiving the racist comment matter? Why did you have to specify that he would be black?
Original post by IdeasForLife
It was funny.

I think it's because Ethan doesn't know me well enough so thinks I'm a bigot.
Reply 28
:france:
Original post by Dodgypirate
It's his right to ban them, whether he loses customers, that's his problem.

Original post by Razamataz666
by law yes. he can ban who he wants. sorry.

On what planet? Human Rights and Discrimination protections say otherwise. Are you literally thick or what?
(edited 7 years ago)
No, I would not agree that the man is racist. He made a racist comment, but that doesn't make him racist. If he believed that one race was superior to another due to innate characteristics of that race, then he would be racist. If he said something racist, he doesn't need to believe it. I wouldn't use the term racist to describe him in a discussion, though. It has too much stigma behind it and will only be used as a shaming tactic, and will not change his opinions. Also, a quick question: why did the race of the person receiving the racist comment matter? Why did you have to specify that he would be black?

Hair splitting at its absolute finest.
Original post by ivybridge
Hair splitting at its absolute finest.

No, it's a somewhat important distinction. Calling someone a racist for a perceived racist comment is a silencing tactic. Recognising that racism is a belief rather than an action helps to mitigate the use of silencing tactics in discussions.
(edited 7 years ago)
No, it's a somewhat important distinction. Calling someone a racist for a perceived racist comment is a silencing tactic. Recognising that racism is a belief rather than an action helps to mitigate the use of silencing tactics in discussions.

No, it's simply how you determine somebodies attitudes as racially prejudiced, making them a racist person. It's not rocket science.
Reply 33
when an owner bans muslims, people be like - oh he has a right to ban them
when an owner refused to make cakes for gay people everyones like - thats discrimination waaaaah!
pfffffft!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34

Bro, i see where youre coming from, but you're probably never gonna meet this owner, nor are we. So lets just say the owner is an absolute jizz stain and leave it at that yeah?
Reply 35
France after the 2015 November attacks is going the same way as the USA did after 9/11. Mass over-patriotism and complete fear of the outside world, especially specific ethnic and religious groups (muslims/refugees/migrants). If they're not careful they'll trade their fear for a loss of civil rights in mass-surveillance, and might even elect an authoritarian figure, like the US is almost doing with Trump, and did do by reelecting Bush.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by squish562
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37209605

The owner says that he won't serve Muslims because they are committing terror attacks in France.

Tbh he's ruined his own business- I doubt a lot of customers are going to go to it now that the owner is famous for being an Islamophobe...

The funny thing is though that this guy says he lost his friend in the Paris attacks. So what we're seeing here is a guy getting angry and acting irrationally for fairly understandable reasons. It's not particularly surprising that people who's friends or family have been killed in Islamic terrorist attacks are going to feel a lot of anger and malice towards Islam and Muslims, even if it is irrational and misdirected.
None of this is going to end well :frown:
Original post by ELVsLP
when an owner bans muslims, people be like - oh he has a right to ban them
when an owner refused to make cakes for gay people everyones like - thats discrimination waaaaah!
pfffffft!!!

Islam is an ideology which people choose to follow. Homosexuality is genetic and can't be changed.
Original post by KingBradly
Islam is an ideology which people choose to follow. Homosexuality is genetic and can't be changed.

This is relevant how?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending