The Student Room Group

My AS journey to 4 As.

This has more of a motivating function as opposed to a social function. As some with sub-par GCSEs (ok they were decent but 4 A* 6 As isn't exactly Oxford standard) I need to work extra hard if I want to have a shot at Oxford uni, so this is my study journal where I will write weekly just to motivate myself as I sometimes can get disenchanted with my subjects, especially psychology which I abhor. Ok in my recent mocks I got:
Politics- A 94%
History- A 85%
Eng Lit- A 85%
Psychology- B 81%

Good luck to all of my fellow AS Level students and hopefully we will be able to motivate each other :h:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by drriversong
This has more of a motivating function as opposed to a social function. As some with sub-par GCSEs (ok they were decent but 4 A* 6 As isn't exactly Oxford standard) I need to work extra hard if I want to have a shot at Oxford uni, so this is my study journal where I will write weekly just to motivate myself as I sometimes can get disenchanted with my subjects, especially psychology which I abhor. Ok in my recent mocks I got:
Politics- A 94%
History- A 85%
Eng Lit- A 85%
Psychology- B 81%

Good luck to all of my fellow AS Level students and hopefully we will be able to motivate each other :h:

They are very good GCSE grades, don't consider how good grades are compared to people on TSR as the results are completely skewed. Seems everyone on here gets >10A*
Sorry for not writing weekly but I ended up getting 4 As!! :h:
Sorry for not writing weekly but I ended up getting 4 As!! :h:

Congrats! What UMS did you get?
Original post by academia153
Congrats! What UMS did you get?

On my exam sheet the only UMS provided was for politics (not surprising as it's my only non-linear exam). I got 90 UMS :smile:
Reply 5
sorry but no one cares
Original post by Yua
sorry but no one cares

So what?
yeah no one cares
Original post by Yua
sorry but no one cares

Maybe I do? How about you go troll somewhere else?
Reply 9
So what?

honestly sick of these 'journeys'

if you got good grades you got good grades, leave it at that, plenty of people get a's and a*'s

stop fishing for compliments; no one cares
Original post by Yua

if you got good grades you got good grades, leave it at that, plenty of people get a's and a*'s

did you though?
Reply 11
Original post by Yua

That awful smell of bitterness... yuck!

What did you get at AS?
Reply 12
Original post by RomeoSantos
did you though?

Original post by Naruke
That awful smell of bitterness... yuck! What did you get at AS?

check my bio
Original post by Yua
check my bio

Nice what do you study?
Reply 14
Original post by RomeoSantos
Nice what do you study?

biochemistry
Reply 15
Original post by Yua
check my bio

Your bio doesn't say much. All I see is A*A*A & Imperial?

On a more important note though, I don't like your personality. You don't seem like you have a lot of friends.
Original post by Yua
biochemistry

much love much respect
Reply 17
Original post by Naruke
Your bio doesn't say much. All I see is A*A*A & Imperial?

On a more important note though, I don't like your personality. You don't seem like you have a lot of friends.

this shouldn't be about me, I actually it rather not

stick to the subject at hand which is the OP's willingness to fuel their ego, please
On my exam sheet the only UMS provided was for politics (not surprising as it's my only non-linear exam). I got 90 UMS :smile:

That's such a high A - well done!:smile: What unis are you thinking of applying?
Original post by Yua
this shouldn't be about me, I actually it rather not

stick to the subject at hand which is the OP's willingness to fuel their ego, please

I had a goal and I achieved it. I'm allowed to be happy about it-I worked hard. Simple as.

Quick Reply