The Student Room Group

Is it too late for me to make a subject change?

I'm going back to school on Thursday to start my A Levels and I want to go to an appointment to review my subjects but I've just not had enough time this week. The appointments can be either tomorrow or Wednesday so should I book it today or is it too late? (meaning I have to stick with the subjects I have now)
If I don't change any subjects, I'll be doing Business Studies, Statistics, Media Studies and Applied Science and I want to review these considering I want to work in the computer game industry when I'm older.
Also, I'm doing my A Level Summer Work and I've finished most of it so if I do change a subject, I won't have long to complete it and the work I've done may just be a waste.
I didn't know if I wanted to change anything until I got my GCSE results so that's why it's so late. Should I book the appointment or just leave it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DanF2000
I'm going back to school on Thursday to start my A Levels and I want to go to an appointment to review my subjects but I've just not had enough time this week. The appointments can be either tomorrow or Wednesday so should I book it today or is it too late? (meaning I have to stick with the subjects I have now)
If I don't change any subjects, I'll be doing Business Studies, Statistics, Media Studies and Applied Science and I want to review these considering I want to work in the computer game industry when I'm older.
Also, I'm doing my A Level Summer Work and I've finished most of it so if I do change a subject, I won't have long to complete it and the work I've done may just be a waste.
I didn't know if I wanted to change anything until I got my GCSE results so that's why it's so late. Should I book the appointment or just leave it?

If you're not happy with your choices and don't believe you will enjoy studying with them - you need to change! There is no point continuing with them as you will decrease your likelihood of success. The school will understand and I'm sure none of the teachers will want you to study something you don't want to! Just give them a call and see what happens:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DanF2000

If you want to change then go ahead and book the appointment ASAP. It's better to change it now than to start the course then change if you decide you don't like the subject and at that point you'd have the pain of having to play catch up.

Quick Reply

Latest