The Student Room Group

Have I messed up? *Declaring results*

Well, I took as-levels this year and done awful D-E-C, But my sixth-form closed down this year so basically I applied to a college and I got in based off my GCSEs again but I am doing one subject that is the same which is statistics I got a C in it But I want to restart it the college have accepted me like I said and I haven't come across any problems. Yes a C is ok but I am going to restart year 12 again anyway.. the school I came from was awful pretty much one of the worst in the UK everyones results were terrible. But since I am in a good college and planning on working harder do I need to declare on my UCAS application that I got a C the first time then for example a B the second?

the other subjects E-D should I declare them when the time comes? even though they are ****?
I'm also getting the E remarked because that was total ********

I will be doing two different subjects along with the same statistics.

I don't want to continue the statistics onto A2 at this college.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheWebGeek
Well, I took as-levels this year and done awful D-E-C, But my sixth-form closed down this year so basically I applied to a college and I got in based off my GCSEs again but I am doing one subject that is the same which is statistics I got a C in it But I want to restart it the college have accepted me like I said and I haven't come across any problems. Yes a C is ok but I am going to restart year 12 again anyway.. the school I came from was awful pretty much one of the worst in the UK everyones results were terrible. But since I am in a good college and planning on working harder do I need to declare on my UCAS application that I got a C the first time then for example a B the second?

the other subjects E-D should I declare them when the time comes? even though they are ****?

You have to declare every cashed in AS grade you got, so yes the Ds and E's otherwise that's a fraudulent application.

As claireestelle says above you would have to declare them, but lots of students take three years with A levels and still secure places at great universities. Your new college will be able to explain your circumstances in your UCAS reference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

I did three years of sixth form as I got all U's in my first year, and just finished my final year with A, C, C. I'm now heading to University to study Law. I was really worried that I'd be turned down because of my first year, as I didn't study at all and had a very negative attitude towards education. If you show them that you can clearly turn that around and come out with good grades, they'll take you. They only really look at your predicted grades for A2 anyway :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
You have to declare every cashed in AS grade you got, so yes the Ds and E's otherwise that's a fraudulent application.

so when I take the as statistics exam at college and say I get a B this time should I mention my first grade (C) as well as my second grade?
so when I take the as statistics exam at college and say I get a B this time should I mention my first grade (C) as well as my second grade?

You declare them both. UCAS ask you to declare a complete record.
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
You declare them both. UCAS ask you to declare a complete record.

Ok thank you.
Original post by claireestelle

Do you have to declare unit resits you did at a private centre that didn't get used for an overall award?

Quick Reply

Latest