The Student Room Group

I really liked this guy, we lost contact and he asked me to help him with a project.

Long story short. I met this guy a couple months ago, we hung out a few times and then we lost contact. He had a lot of personal issues which resulted in him kinda being very distant and it clearly was bad timing. It took a while for me to get my head around things, but i eventually accepted that we probably wouldn't be together although we got on like a house on fire. To be honest i was a little too attached early on.

Anyway today he commented on something i posted online and then out of nowhere asked if I had some time to help him with a project he's working on when I am free. I told him when I'm avaliable and he agreed on the day and time.

I'm wondering if this is the right thing to do. I mean I don't feel angry towards him at all and I definitely don't feel the same as I did a while ago. I don't feel i have anything to lose in this situation. What do you think?
(edited 7 years ago)
I would go too! I'm a strong believer that everything happens for a reason, and he might be missing your company and thus asking you to help him. Anyway, there is nothing to lose, this project of his is a perfect opportunity to reconnect and catch up on things! :smile:
Original post by cats_and_music
I would go too! I'm a strong believer that everything happens for a reason, and he might be missing your company and thus asking you to help him. Anyway, there is nothing to lose, this project of his is a perfect opportunity to reconnect and catch up on things! :smile:

I am a believer too. I've missed him, I'd be happy to have him as a friend at least. Thanks for your response :smile:
Reply 3
There's no reason not to go for it :smile:
I don't see anything wrong with going; it can't really hurt, especially if you don't feel the same as you used to anymore. However, I guess there's always a chance he could possibly become interested...
Original post by Amefish
There's no reason not to go for it :smile:

Thank you

Original post by snowprincess
I don't see anything wrong with going; it can't really hurt, especially if you don't feel the same as you used to anymore. However, I guess there's always a chance he could possibly become interested...

Yeah possibly. I know he liked me before, but like i said he had/has alot of personal issues and for whatever reason distanced himself. At the time i didn't really understand, however overtime it started to make sense. I have nothing to lose at the end of the day. Thank you
Original post by phunky_fresh
Thank you

Yeah possibly. I know he liked me before, but like i said he had/has alot of personal issues and for whatever reason distanced himself. At the time i didn't really understand, however overtime it started to make sense. I have nothing to lose at the end of the day. Thank you

Just out of curiosity, what did the personal issues relate to? I was in a similar situation, and now I just feel really bad, because I feel like I wasn't understanding of my guy enough even though I like him so much. :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Just out of curiosity, what did the personal issues relate to? I was in a similar situation, and now I just feel really bad, because I feel like I wasn't understanding of my guy enough even though I like him so much. :frown:

His parents divorced and still fight and he is always in the middle of their arguments. He feels trapped at home but isn't in a position to move out atm.

How about the guy you like?
His parents divorced and still fight and he is always in the middle of their arguments. He feels trapped at home but isn't in a position to move out atm.

How about the guy you like?

His parents haven't gotten along for most of his life, but now things are getting worse and his mom is leaning on him for support. He is moved out of the house, though. Also he said he was stressed at work. He told me there would be times when he wouldn't be able to do anything, which I was fine with...But I got attached to him quickly as well, and basically asked if he still likes me when he was being distant, and now I'm not sure if he hates me. :frown:
His parents haven't gotten along for most of his life, but now things are getting worse and his mom is leaning on him for support. He is moved out of the house, though. Also he said he was stressed at work. He told me there would be times when he wouldn't be able to do anything, which I was fine with...But I got attached to him quickly as well, and basically asked if he still likes me when he was being distant, and now I'm not sure if he hates me. :frown:

Sounds scarily similar. What did he say when you told him you liked him? I doubt he hates you just sounds like he has alot on his plate. I told myself to just get on with my life and if we are meant to cross paths again, we will.
Sounds scarily similar. What did he say when you told him you liked him? I doubt he hates you just sounds like he has alot on his plate. I told myself to just get on with my life and if we are meant to cross paths again, we will.

When I told him that I like him, he told me that he likes me too, but he doesn't want a relationship right now. I am trying to tell myself the same thing (if we are meant to be together, then eventually we will). Has anything else happened with your guy yet?
When I told him that I like him, he told me that he likes me too, but he doesn't want a relationship right now. I am trying to tell myself the same thing (if we are meant to be together, then eventually we will). Has anything else happened with your guy yet?

Ahh ok it does get better. I met up with him and i honestly didn't feel the same anymore. We spent a good couple hours together however I only see him as a friend now. I have met someone new and things are going well :smile:
Ahh ok it does get better. I met up with him and i honestly didn't feel the same anymore. We spent a good couple hours together however I only see him as a friend now. I have met someone new and things are going well :smile:

Aw, that's nice! Best of luck with the new guy then! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest