The Student Room Group

When do GCSE papers arrive in school and where are they kept?

Do they arrive the day before? During the school day or when all students have gone home? Then once they have arrived where are they kept until the examination is due to take place?
Reply 1
Don't even think about it.
unless you want to be expelled don't try it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ayyy wouldn't we all like to know LOL. Well in my school I've gone through all the places they could be kept and it's either the storeroom in the heads office or with the maintenance department in the courtyard (where we aren't allowed)
Reply 4
They are kept in envelopes.
Reply 5
LMFAO
Original post by adz234
Do they arrive the day before? During the school day or when all students have gone home? Then once they have arrived where are they kept until the examination is due to take place?

They'll probably arrive a few days before the examination at the latest, otherwise there would be a risk of delays. They'll be kept in a secure location in your school, but don't even think about trying to access them. If you did find them, you would be disqualified from all exams (likely from all exam boards), you'd probably be expelled from your school, and the exam board would issue a replacement paper so there would be no risk of leaks; the paper you saw wouldn't be the paper that others completed.
Original post by adz234

If you're asking that to see if you're able to intercept one, don't try it. It won't be worthwhile, because you'll likely get expelled and DQd from most exam boards.
(edited 7 years ago)
they are kept in the Headmaster's Special Place :colondollar:
Reply 9
Original post by the bear
they are kept in the Headmaster's Special Place :colondollar:

Disgusting, no wonder my papers were so dirty
Reply 10
Think it differs from school to school but in mine the papers come a few weeks before the exam and are sealed and locked in a safe. :smile:
They are locked in a safe which is locked in a secure room. They are sealed and counted in and out of that room and checked by invigilators at the beginning of each exam to ensure all packets are secure.
Original post by adz234

They keep it in safes so people like you don't touch them:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest