The Student Room Group

Paris restaurant refuses to serve Muslim women

Scroll to see replies

Lol I wonder where does the freedom of beliefs went to. If he wasn't judging other people on race then he is judging them on their beliefs and that still makes him a Islamophobic and a racists as he is banning only Muslims.
I wonder where the "feminists" are now. That's certainly not a good way to treat a lady in public. I guess some people are just too much extreme. :colonhash:
Reply 61
Original post by Vegito
Lol I wonder where does the freedom of beliefs went to. If he wasn't judging other people on race then he is judging them on their beliefs and that still makes him a Islamophobic and a racists as he is banning only Muslims.
I wonder where the "feminists" are now. That's certainly not a good way to treat a lady in public. I guess some people are just too much extreme. :colonhash:

What about his freedom of belief that he doesn't need to serve people following an ideology that killed his friend?
Reply 62
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Where did I call anyone racist??!!!!!

Most people in this thread did.

You like everyone of those people displayed a lack of knowledge on what is racism. Not to mention every muppet on here who thinks the gay/lesbian scenario is the same.
Thats a shame and not the right way to show his disdain at the situation. Could just not sell Halal meat, not only is he not funding barbaric animal suffering but he also will reduce his number of muslim patrons... clearly not the brightest bulb
I should also add that this is worse than terrorism cos reasons
Original post by inhuman

You like everyone of those people displayed a lack of knowledge on what is racism. Not to mention every muppet on here who thinks the gay/lesbian scenario is the same.

It mind-boggling the effort you're putting in to prove he's not racist when he clearly is.
I don't think he was planning to perform his ban checks by asking every single customer whether they're Muslim or not before they make their way into his restaurant.
Clearly the guy has a certain picture of how a Muslim looks to him. Might be a headscarf/cultural wear or he might be judging on certain skin colours or language spoken. Whatever it is, he would be judging them on appearance rather than ideology (since he can't read their minds), and that's as a result, pure bigotry!
Original post by AlexLawrence1453
OK, do you not think that using the term bigot as a method of dismissal is harmful to constructive discussion? If you don't agree with someone, you don't dismiss them, shame them and invalidate them. You first attempt to understand their position, then explain why you disagree with parts of it. If you want to actually change someone's mind, being a mindless zombie regurgitating buzzwords isn't going to convince anyone.

True, but in that case he is a bigot, by dictionary definition, so the use of the pejorative could not have been better placed.
Reply 67
Original post by candyaljamila
It mind-boggling the effort you're putting in to prove he's not racist when he clearly is.
I don't think he was planning to perform his ban checks by asking every single customer whether they're Muslim or not before they make their way into his restaurant.
Clearly the guy has a certain picture of how a Muslim looks to him. Might be a headscarf/cultural wear or he might be judging on certain skin colours or language spoken. Whatever it is, he would be judging them on appearance rather than ideology (since he can't read their minds), and that's as a result, pure bigotry!

And how does a Muslim look? Asian a la the biggest Muslim country in the world? Or black? Or white? Or yellow? Or brown?

And how does he need to know what is in their mind? He told someone clearly showing off this ideology that they are not welcome.

What would the outcry be like if a Nazi with a Swastika had been denied service?
#BlackLivesMatter
Original post by Dodgypirate
It's his right to ban them, whether he loses customers, that's his problem.

Our democratic society is slowly turning to fascism because of discrimination/racist apologists.
Original post by candyaljamila
It's not his right to ban them. It's discrimination. A christian couple was forced to pay $13,000 fine for refusing to host lesbian wedding on their farm lose appeal. The fine was based on discriminatory grounds.

My understanding is that France is not the USA
Reply 71
Original post by squish562
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37209605

The owner says that he won't serve Muslims because they are committing terror attacks in France.

Tbh he's ruined his own business- I doubt a lot of customers are going to go to it now that the owner is famous for being an Islamophobe...

Why Muslim women?
Original post by Betelgeuse-
I should also add that this is worse than terrorism cos reasons

:lolwut:
Reply 73
Original post by alevelstresss
Our democratic society is slowly turning to fascism because of discrimination/racist apologists.

It's turning into fascism because the only group of people and the only parties willing to stand up to regressive, PC, apologists people like you, are these kind of parties.

The only thing you are achieving with your islamopologist agenda is pissing people off.
Reply 74
Original post by inhuman
It's turning into fascism because the only group of people and the only parties willing to stand up to regressive, PC, apologists people like you, are these kind of parties.

The only thing you are achieving with your islamopologist agenda is pissing people off.

I'm sure they made these kind of excuses to the fascism back in the Hitler days of the Nazi's discriminating against Jewish people. If you want to be a discriminating bigot i want you to know that this is 2016 and people will not accept it.

You want Muslims to integrate into western societies yet you berate all of them and compare them to rapists and murderers. The only thing you're doing is cycling hate, this is how them ISIS extremists brainwash people to join terrorist groups. "Look how they hate us and you side with them, join us".

Stop with the division and hate. You're NOT helping anyone.
Original post by inhuman

Are you okay? Nowhere did I even use the word racism or base my argument on it, so I have no idea why you're accusing me of lacking knowledge on what racism is.

The comparison is valid. People are outraged in the LGBT scenario but couldn't care less when it's Muslims facing discrimination. It's even more pathetic when they try to defend their bias. Let's say the bakery refused to bake a cake for a vegetarian. Would you also defend the bakery and say it's different to the LGBT scenario because being a vegetarian is a choice and being gay isn't?
Original post by teenhorrorstory
People are outraged in the LGBT scenario but couldn't care less when it's Muslims facing discrimination.

Evidence?

You do realise that imams (as well as priests) are allowed to refuse to marry same-sex couples? That is on-going discrimination rather than a one-off incident, yet people seem fine with that. So I don't think you can say that people are always outraged by LGBT discrimination compared to Muslim discrimination when the former is still very much entrenched.
Original post by Grand High Witch
Evidence?

You do realise that imams (as well as priests) are allowed to refuse to marry same-sex couples? That is on-going discrimination rather than a one-off incident, yet people seem fine with that. So I don't think you can say that people are always outraged by LGBT discrimination compared to Muslim discrimination when the former is still very much entrenched.

Imams are internal within the mosque and Muslim community.

Being refused to be let into a restaurant is an entirely different, and more worrying matter.
Original post by alevelstresss
Imams are internal within the mosque and Muslim community.

Being refused to be let into a restaurant is an entirely different, and more worrying matter.

What do you mean by "internal"? A mosque is private property, but so is a restaurant.
Original post by Grand High Witch
What do you mean by "internal"? A mosque is private property, but so is a restaurant.

Mosques are generally for the Muslim community only

Restaurants, regardless of whether or not they're 'private property', are for serving food and are for anyone who respects the restaurant's rules.

And now they're banning Muslims, which is not only a part of the problem, but also plays right into the terrorists' hands.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending