The Student Room Group

Oxbridge Computer Science AS Results HELP

I have a solid GCSE background of 12A*but some of my AS results dropped due
to a couple of my exams being during the time by Mum was sectioned (this will be
mentioned in my reference). I do Physics, Further Maths, Maths, R.E, and English
Literature but only did an AS in three.

Maths- A
R.E- A
Further Maths- D

but am predicted an A* in Maths, Physics and English Lit (am dropping R.E)
Due to the circumstances and previously good results, if I resit the two modules
that took my Further Maths down like a tonne of bricks, do you think I'd still have a chance at interview? I was hoping to apply to Cambridge but, after the AS results, I'm not sure if Oxford might be the best bet.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tahliaD
to a couple of my exams being during the time by Mum was sectioned (this will be
mentioned in my reference). I do Physics, Further Maths, Maths, R.E, and English

Maths- A
R.E- A
Further Maths- D

Due to the circumstances and previously good results, if I resit the two modules
that took my Further Maths down like a tonne of bricks, do you think I'd still have a chance at interview? I was hoping to apply to Cambridge but, after the AS results, I'm not sure if Oxford might be the best bet.

Universities don't consider your AS achievements for the interview process.
Original post by tahliaD

Maths- A
R.E- A
Further Maths- D

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I'm sure either university would be very sympathetic. Certainly re-sitting those modules would be a good idea.

At Oxford, we shortlist based mainly on the MAT. That would give you an extra opportunity to show what you're capable of.

Original post by Its Just That Dude

That's not correct.

Gavin
Reply 3
Original post by Its Just That Dude

Original post by alow

Totally agree.
Reply 5
Original post by gavinlowe
I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I'm sure either university would be very sympathetic. Certainly re-sitting those modules would be a good idea.

At Oxford, we shortlist based mainly on the MAT. That would give you an extra opportunity to show what you're capable of.

Thank you very much for the helpful reply! Glad to hear that; boosts my confidence a little. Thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by tahliaD
Thank you very much for the helpful reply! Glad to hear that; boosts my confidence a little. Thank you!

Do not give up! Choose whichever uni you like! You have chances

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending