The Student Room Group

Revision techniques/ methods

So I will be taking the new GCSE's next year and I wanted to prepare early for my GCSE's. The subjects I'm taking are:

Triple science
Religious studies
Spanish
English Lit & Lang
Maths
Geography

I wanted to know how I could revise best for these subjects (I am a visual learner) and how I could get As and A*s and e.g. I have made revision cards but what would I do with them when I'm revising so I wanted to know the actual method of revision and how I would use other revision materials.

Thank you
Original post by Schoolstudent01
So I will be taking the new GCSE's next year and I wanted to prepare early for my GCSE's. The subjects I'm taking are:

Triple science
Religious studies
Spanish
English Lit & Lang
Maths
Geography

I wanted to know how I could revise best for these subjects (I am a visual learner) and how I could get As and A*s and e.g. I have made revision cards but what would I do with them when I'm revising so I wanted to know the actual method of revision and how I would use other revision materials.

Thank you

There are many ways of revising, for triple science I look over my syllabus and I go over my flashcards. If you don't understand a topic very well, go see your teachers and ask them for help but if you can't get hold of them. Watch videos on the topic you don't understand and see if your understanding of that topic is much better. Use your revision guides and summarise each topic in your own words so you're able to recall them. For RE, I feel like mind maps help, but not for all topics. Just try some past papers because I've noticed similar questions come up all the time. Same for science. For Spanish, write down some words on flashcards and translate them in English. I revise English language by doing past papers and practising writing short stories (we have to write short stories for english) I also do the same for the reading exam. For English literature. Learn your quotes for your plays or books, again, flashcards are good. Write down quotes for each character or theme and analyse them. For maths I recommend mathsgenie as it provides revision videos and exam questions on individual topics. I struggle to revise for geography. Although I got an A in my mock. I memorise atleast 5 facts about each case study.I've realised if you use case studies in each question you are more likely to get the marks. So REVISE CASE STUDIES.
Goodluck:smile:

Triple science
Religious studies
Spanish
English Lit & Lang
Maths
Geography

Thank you

What exam board are you doing for triple science?
Edexcel. Thanks a lot for taking your time to answer my questions, I really appreciate your help, and you gave great advise. How did you do in your GCSEs? and what is your dream career? 😄

Oh I'm doing mine next year and my dream is to get into medicine and its ok:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest