The Student Room Group

Anyone rather disappointed with their GCSE results?

Who else is disappointed with their GCSE results?

What grades did you want to achieve and what did you end up achieving?

Scroll to see replies

I got 1A*, 7As and 2Bs (as it appears on my results sheet). One of the Bs should be an A...which is a mistake so I'm trying to get the exam board to fix it.

I'm not disappointed, but...kind of disheartened that I didn't get more A*s...I missed out on 3 different A*s by 3 marks and could've got 2 others!
Original post by sulaimanali
I got 1A*, 7As and 2Bs (as it appears on my results sheet). One of the Bs should be an A...which is a mistake so I'm trying to get the exam board to fix it.

I'm not disappointed, but...kind of disheartened that I didn't get more A*s...I missed out on 3 different A*s by 3 marks and could've got 2 others!

Our results are very similar
I got 3 A*s, 6 As and 3 Bs. Id prefer my biology grade to be an A* instead of an A but my results are still good and im happy with them.
@goldenusername - nice, well done!
Reply 5
Just maths, I failed maths..
I got 7A*s, 1A, 1B and 2Cs. I'm really disappointed with the C's and the A should be an A* (1 or 2 marks off). I've never revised a single bit for the subjects I did bad in though:frown:
I got 14 A* which I'm pretty happy with hopefully this will set me up so I can become an astronaut
Original post by JoshuaLegend
I got 7A*s, 1A, 1B and 2Cs. I'm really disappointed with the C's and the A should be an A* (1 or 2 marks off). I've never revised a single bit for the subjects I did bad in though:frown:

are you really disappointed with those results? 7A*s is insane there is nothing to be disappointed about and why don't you get the Cs remarked if they're close to Bs.
3 A*,4As ,3Bs and 1 C. Im actually one of the best performing my school as it is struggling ,yet i dont know how to feel.
Original post by goldenusername
Who else is disappointed with their GCSE results?

What grades did you want to achieve and what did you end up achieving?

I'm more than disappointed. I got 3 GCSEs. Maths (B), chemistry (B) and physics (C).

I wanted to get at least 6 GCSEs. :frown:
Original post by Kryptonian
I'm more than disappointed. I got 3 GCSEs. Maths (B), chemistry (B) and physics (C).

How many did you take altogether?
Original post by markova21
How many did you take altogether?

8 but I didn't choose any of them and I hated those subjects which I was made to do. I only liked maths and chemistry and physics was good too
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kryptonian

what are your plans? are you retaking some of your GCSEs?
Original post by goldenusername
what are your plans? are you retaking some of your GCSEs?

Yeah I'm resitting them and I'm going to see if I'm allowed to do A levels alongside it. First I'm going to resit English Language (one UMS from a C argh) then if I can A levels too. If not or after A levels or if I have a chance I'll resit another GCSE (biology probably) maybe during the first year.
Original post by pussyslayr27
I got 14 A* which I'm pretty happy with hopefully this will set me up so I can become an astronaut

DAMN, well done!

what subjects did you take?
Original post by pussyslayr27

Wow 14 A* and only "pretty happy"???
I'm sure you'll definitely be whatever you want to with those grades. In terms of grades you have NO barriers to your dreams :smile:
I'm disappointed with my A in spanish, AQA marked my writing coursework down from an A* to a B which is the reason for my A :frown:
Reply 18
Got a D in PE 1 mark from a C little bit upset with that but am going for a remark
I wanted a A* in RS but I got a B. Getting a remark because i'm 3 marks off an A.

Quick Reply

Latest