The Student Room Group

What stationary do i need for AS/A Level?

I'm doing Biology, Maths, Geography and Chemistry. I already got a calculator and notebooks but Im not sure if i need ring binders. Are any of you doing any of these subjects and recommend me getting anything in particular. Also should i buy a ring binder for all of my subjects or is it pointless for subjets like maths for exmple. Also should i get the thicker ones or the smaller/thinner ones.
Original post by M12S
I'm doing Biology, Maths, Geography and Chemistry. I already got a calculator and notebooks but Im not sure if i need ring binders. Are any of you doing any of these subjects and recommend me getting anything in particular. Also should i buy a ring binder for all of my subjects or is it pointless for subjets like maths for exmple. Also should i get the thicker ones or the smaller/thinner ones.

At my sixth form, the teachers recommended us to have a ring binder for each subject which we take to school and put our work in (only stuff from the current module being taught) and then big lever arch folders at home to put all our work in for all the different modules.
You should get dividers for your folders so you separate the different units and this will help organise your work
Original post by M12S
It depends how much work you do. If you're a super-intense hard-work permanent-revision kind of person then you will need 3 level arch files just for Maths (1 per unit) - you need to remember that past papers go back to 2005! Don't know about the sciences but they are new specifications so little material to print off from the exam board.
Reply 4
Original post by M12S

What calculator do you have? I'd recommend this one if you haven't already got it.

http://amzn.to/2bMeJxO
Reply 5
Original post by Paulxo
What calculator do you have? I'd recommend this one if you haven't already got it.

http://amzn.to/2bMeJxO

Thanks, that's the one that I got.
Reply 6
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest