The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Better uni? Kent or reading?

Hi guys, I am facing a big dilemma- I need to chose between Reading university( course: Consumer Behaviour) and Kent university ( Marketing). If you have any experience with the course or university ( student life,people,which one do you think its better and just the universities in general). If you can give me some feedback and help me it is going to be very useful for me as I need to take my decision this evening. BIG THANK YOU :smile:
Original post by MKaradjova
Hi guys, I am facing a big dilemma- I need to chose between Reading university( course: Consumer Behaviour) and Kent university ( Marketing). If you have any experience with the course or university ( student life,people,which one do you think its better and just the universities in general). If you can give me some feedback and help me it is going to be very useful for me as I need to take my decision this evening. BIG THANK YOU :smile:

Hi,

Wow, that is a horrible dilemma to be in! I can tell you a bit about Reading and you will just have to compare it to what you know about Kent.

I absolutely love Reading, it's got a really green campus which you can spend all of summer laying around on as well as a few hidden secrets such as the Harris garden (a beautiful botanical garden) and secret garden which holds a bumble bee hive. If your not taking in the scenery you can be taking part in one of our 150 sports and societies which include anything from your usual sports to quidditch, lock picking or the Beyoncé appreciation society!
In the evening you can go to one of our night clubs. Our night club on campus is the biggest in Reading and holds loads of themed nights and bands (like popcorn nights, or ice cream nights - which was a slight disaster for me) which is next to our amazing bagel shop! Or If your ever bored of going out you can go to our karaoke, quiz nights, live bands, comedy nights (my favourite!) or movie nights for example.

Coursewise, I know very little about marketing or consumer behaviour however Reading itself is in the top 100 in the world with all our lecturers currently researching and 96% of our students are in further education or employment within six months of graduating. We also have a really good support system with everyone being given a course supervisor as well as offering a library that is open 24/7 so you can work at anytime - yes there are people working at 3am!

Reading town is about a 20/25 minute walk away which can be pain and the buses want exact change which is also a nightmare, especially as the cinema is also over priced (but which cinema isn't?!). Apart from that, there are loads of eating and shopping facilities as well as the occasional dinosaur mini golf.

My sister went to Kent uni, she loved it, especially all the rabbits, and came out with a 1st. Obviously I'm biased to reading. To make a decision look at what's Important to you, for nightlife I would choose Reading but accommodation is probably more expensive here, both are on a slight hill (which I still get out of breath at walking up) and maybe consider which course you would really prefer doing! If rowing, bagels or statistics for example are important to you then I would choose Reading, but if you wanted a cheaper on campus shop or a university that offers closer accommodation to your building then I would choose Kent.

I hope this helped, and good luck with your decision,
Amelia, second year studying archaeology and history. :biggrin:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you so much,Amelia! This is very helpful for me:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest