The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Cartmel college

Hey all, I've been selected for Cartmel college, anyone else? It'd be nice to speak to some other people who are going to join the same college as me!
Hey,

Im a second year returning to Cartmel college! I am sure you will love it there :smile:. If you have any questions feel free to ask
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by fingolfin
Hey all, I've been selected for Cartmel college, anyone else? It'd be nice to speak to some other people who are going to join the same college as me!

You're the first person I've seen on here whose in Cartmel as well! :smile:
Reply 3
Hey, which subject are you doing? Was Cartmel your original choice?
Original post by redheadednerd
You're the first person I've seen on here whose in Cartmel as well! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Yellow2914
Hey,

Im a second year returning to Cartmel college! I am sure you will love it there :smile:. If you have any questions feel free to ask

Thanks! I'm slightly worried about the fact Cartmel is on the edge of campus... do plenty of events and socials etc. still happen there?
Thanks! I'm slightly worried about the fact Cartmel is on the edge of campus... do plenty of events and socials etc. still happen there?

Not sure. there was not that many college events to be honest after Freshers week. There is refreshers, basically freshers week again but after Christmas break, as well as an end of year party. Most events happen at Sugar which is in town and there is a free bus too.

As for socials, again, not really. If you join societies then its up to the societies to pick where the socials are.

Being on edge of campus is great though, far less noise and you don't feel like you live at your lecture halls. Plus its only about 10minute walk from the center of campus anyway lol.
Hi, I'm a new student that's been accepted to Cartmel too
Hey, which subject are you doing? Was Cartmel your original choice?

Ecology, and yes it was :smile: What about you?
Not sure. there was not that many college events to be honest after Freshers week. There is refreshers, basically freshers week again but after Christmas break, as well as an end of year party. Most events happen at Sugar which is in town and there is a free bus too.

As for socials, again, not really. If you join societies then its up to the societies to pick where the socials are.

Being on edge of campus is great though, far less noise and you don't feel like you live at your lecture halls. Plus its only about 10minute walk from the center of campus anyway lol.

Will first and second years be mixed together in the flats?
Reply 9
Original post by redheadednerd
Ecology, and yes it was :smile: What about you?

I'm studying Law, Cartmel was my first choice too! How are you feeling for uni?
I'm studying Law, Cartmel was my first choice too! How are you feeling for uni?

Can't tell if I'm excited or terrified to be honest! XD
Original post by SP1234321
Will first and second years be mixed together in the flats?

Depends,

My flat yes. I had only 1 other fresher in a flat of 8!! But this is extremely rare. For most people i think its fresher only flats, which would have been better lol.

In my flat, we had 2 freshers, 4 second years and 2 third years.
Hey everyone, i think im goin to feel lonely at cartmel, because im taking the international foundation year and i dont know anyone there
Reply 13

Hi! I've been allocated Cartmel too! I've found it hard to actually find anyone since I don't have facebook and a lot of my friends seem to have found their flatmates through that for other unis:frown:
Original post by Abiboy007
Hey everyone, i think im goin to feel lonely at cartmel, because im taking the international foundation year and i dont know anyone there

You don't be lonely dw. Cartmel does alot to help people make friends. You will be laughing with your flatmates and coursemates before you know it. Don't worry.
You don't be lonely dw. Cartmel does alot to help people make friends. You will be laughing with your flatmates and coursemates before you know it. Don't worry.

Thanks a lot
But it'd sure be nice to know someone before i get there

Quick Reply

Latest