The Student Room Group

I got an E in iGCSE English, but mark equivalent is 196?

Title says it all. I did the iGCSE English Language exam (AQA, 8705FW) and I got an E from my results sheet. Now what is confusing me is that it says my mark equivalent is 196.. Could something have been done wrong, or is it just me doubting the grade for nothing?
Reply 1
The mark equivalent is usually your 'UMS' which is beside the grade you got .. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by JenyR
The mark equivalent is usually your 'UMS' which is beside the grade you got .. :smile:

How do I see the UMS for each grade?
Reply 3
Original post by mrwhitz
How do I see the UMS for each grade?

The UMS grade is below the column where it says mark equivalent... You will find your grade beside the UMS and you can convert your UMS to raw marks using the ums to raw marks converter which can be found on the board you took the exam for..
Reply 4
Original post by JenyR
The UMS grade is below the column where it says mark equivalent... You will find your grade beside the UMS and you can convert your UMS to raw marks using the ums to raw marks converter which can be found on the board you took the exam for..

Sorry, in my last post I meant how do I see the UMS boundaries for each grade. I don't think there is one, and there's also no raw mark to ums on the AQA website. I don't know now
Reply 5
Original post by mrwhitz
Sorry, in my last post I meant how do I see the UMS boundaries for each grade. I don't think there is one, and there's also no raw mark to ums on the AQA website. I don't know now

Okay Wait.. Use this

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries-and-ums/ums-converter

And use the grade boundaries to see approx how many marks you got.. then if the ums is too high or low adjust ur marks and it will show you the ums... so once your ums matches the raw marks.. you will know how many exactly raw marks you scored and how many marks you were off the next grade =)
Reply 6
Original post by JenyR
Okay Wait.. Use this

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries-and-ums/ums-converter

And use the grade boundaries to see approx how many marks you got.. then if the ums is too high or low adjust ur marks and it will show you the ums... so once your ums matches the raw marks.. you will know how many exactly raw marks you scored and how many marks you were off the next grade =)

I was like 4 marks away from a D..
Hey so I got In my AQA HIGHER SCA1HP and SCA2HP 223 in total so how many marks is that and how many do I need for a C
Reply 8
Original post by Rosie_xxxoo
Hey so I got In my AQA HIGHER SCA1HP and SCA2HP 223 in total so how many marks is that and how many do I need for a C

you need to look at the ums you got for each subject and then convert it individually :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest