The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Failed my resit

So I failed one of my exams at university and they made me resit it in the summer holidays but I've got my result back and I failed it again so I'm wondering whether they will let me contineu with my course without resitting it or whether they will make me resit it again in my third year? It's an important module though thats why I'm worried that they're just gonna kick me out or make me change course. What do you think will happen??
Original post by uglyslut
So I failed one of my exams at university and they made me resit it in the summer holidays but I've got my result back and I failed it again so I'm wondering whether they will let me contineu with my course without resitting it or whether they will make me resit it again in my third year? It's an important module though thats why I'm worried that they're just gonna kick me out or make me change course. What do you think will happen??

Hello there!

I can understand your concern. If you email us in at [email protected] with your full details (full name, DOB, course name and student ID) we can help answer this query. However i would also advise you to contact your programme leader.

I hope this helps.
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2
What course are you taking?
Original post by ryan1901
What course are you taking?

I was doing computer systems and networking but now ive changed to computer science
Reply 4
You changed to Computer Science? Isn't that harder since there are more mathematics involved. I'm thinking of doing Computer Systems & Netowkring next September actually after dropping out from Computer Science at RHUL. Could you tell me more about the course you did if it's any good and if the mathematics for the first year was hard? Also what unit did you struggle with?
yeah it is harder but im better at programming and if u like networking then its good and the maths isnt hard and the one that i struggled with was network implementation, operating systems and network security which is why i had to change cos that was my whole degree
Reply 6
Original post by kaylababesxx
yeah it is harder but im better at programming and if u like networking then its good and the maths isnt hard and the one that i struggled with was network implementation, operating systems and network security which is why i had to change cos that was my whole degree

Just a suggestion but why didn't you take Computing instead of Computer Science because they focus more in programming languages, unless you really like the computations and mathematics which is why you chose CS? Why did you find these units hard, was it because you didn't learn them before, did you find it hard or boring, or is there to much thinking involved in these units.
I didnt do computing cos its not well regarded and i found them hard for all of those reasons i guess
Reply 8
I didnt do computing cos its not well regarded and i found them hard for all of those reasons i guess

So was there a lot of logic involved or is it just remembering the information? I'm really sorry for these questions because I want to make sure I pick the right course next year as I don't want to withdraw again xD
both
both

Alright then, since you changed to Computer Science did you have to start from first year again?
no im in my third yr now and btw i would advise u not to come here cos its not a good uni or course i wanna leave but i cant now
no im in my third yr now and btw i would advise u not to come here cos its not a good uni or course i wanna leave but i cant now

Why is it not a good university? I know it's pretty low in the league but I'm still going because the university is getting better now, they also have a High Achievement scholarship which they will give me £2000 a year as I have an ABB or higher grade. Another reason why I chose it because the university at the centre of London so social life would be pretty good as I love London. Also the campus is amazing and new facilities are being built, so why do you not like it?
its cos the teaching not good i havent learnt anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending