The Student Room Group

A single mum keeps hinting we go out for a drink

A girl who I used to go to school with added me on Facebook a few weeks ago, we never really spoke when we where at high school but I accepted her friend request anyway. From talking to her I found out that she's a single mum (the kid is only 3 months old). She's hinting that me and her go out for a drink, I don't really know her that well and I think the fact that she's a single mum is putting me off a bit. But then again I haven't had much luck with women lately and I'm contemplating whether I should go for a drink with her. What do you think I should do?

Scroll to see replies

Ask if you can babysit the kid.
Is she good looking?
Reply 3
Go for a drink, just be friends for now and see how things go.
probably a gold digger
Reply 5
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Is she good looking?

Yeah I'd say so.
Reply 6
Original post by sleepysnooze
probably a gold digger

That's a worry I have
It's a drink, not a marriage proposal. The world won't end if you go and don't really click.
NO NO NO!

She's has kids man, too much baggage!
Go for a drink, see if you like her, see where it goes. You aren't committing to anything lol
Original post by UWS
Go for a drink, just be friends for now and see how things go.

I also forgot to mention that she briefly went out with one of the my oldest friends whilst we were in high school.
Best thing about women with kids is you know they ****.
So don't go? You keep on making excuses, and it's obvious from that you don't want to.
Kids aren't baggage, if you think that then say no as she can do better.
If you can overcome it, then just see how things go, you don't have to spend the rest of your life with her
Original post by Anonymous
So don't go? You keep on making excuses, and it's obvious from that you don't want to.

I wouldn't say I'm making excuses my head is just a mess. I've recently been down in the dumps after a girl I was chasing rejected me and I'm just thinking this might be the pick me up I needed.
atm machine
Reply 16
wouldn't go for a dude with kids myself. too much hassle. But if you're ok with it, go ahead.
Shes hinting you go for a drink and not to become the kids father.
Original post by 999tigger
Shes hinting you go for a drink and not to become the kids father.

Yet - he'll get sucked into dealing with the kids for sure.

Stay away man.
She's second hand man. Forget it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending