The Student Room Group

Help me find a rich husband pls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Gone out with one of those. His arrogance was off the charts it was unreal.

Ah that sucks haha, because he knew he was going to get a career etc through his dad I guess? Did he at least take you to some nice places?!
Original post by Anonymous
Good thinking and thanks for actually being nice about this unlike some of the judgemental cows posting on this thread x

No worries haha not as if you're the first girl who ever wondered about this or like you'll be the last aha x
Why do u keep limiting yourself , by blaming your background.
if you're a 9/10 with manners it won't be that hard
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Where did you find him?

Met him at a party. He was mates with my sister (then again she went to Oxford so wasn't surprising)
I don't really wanna 'tie them down' . I want to be in a vicinity where I am able to meet loads of them and hopefully I can click with one.

Then you either go to an elite uni or find a posh ass hotel to have afternoon tea in and chat one up
Original post by MissEllieL
Ah that sucks haha, because he knew he was going to get a career etc through his dad I guess? Did he at least take you to some nice places?!

Probably. Oh yeah he did. We sang Alice Cooper in his car and he took me to this orgasmic cupcake place. :u:
Probably. Oh yeah he did. We sang Alice Cooper in his car and he took me to this orgasmic cupcake place. :u:

Haha not all bad then! Rich men (or guys with rich dads) are good for fancy places and shopping trips :tongue:
Original post by MissEllieL
Haha not all bad then! Rich men (or guys with rich dads) are good for fancy places and shopping trips :tongue:

Yeah he was pretty awesome. But the biggest turn off was his arrogance. I've been out with "rich kids" in the past and it seems to be a pattern in them.
Reply 49
Beauty fades what happens when you're older and are therefore undesirable would your rich husband now go after good looking 20 years old girls? Because then there are lots of gold diggers after a quick bucks
*sigh*
LOL thats like saying help me go on a date with drake because i broke the scale of hotness -.-
Money isnt the answer for everything :eek: (well unless your going shopping :tongue: )
You shouldnt fall for a guy just for the money...
Original post by Jee1
Beauty fades what happens when you're older and are therefore undesirable would your rich husband now go after good looking 20 years old girls? Because then there are lots of gold diggers after a quick bucks

I would ensure that I get at least a million in the divorce settlement- so its win-win for me either way :smile:
Reply 53
Examples of classy hotel bars pls..I don't want to marry anyone too old. Maximum age I would date rn is 25

Few people are rich at this age. The few rich and young generally don't want to settle.

He could come from a rich family?

I doubt his parents will be happy seeing him spending their money on a nobody like you.
I'm from an extremely crappy background and I've come to the realisation that I'll never be rich or live comfortably without marrying someone richer than me (also if you're gonna comment about being a golddigger or how I should feel ashamed of myself then pls spare me the bs cause I'm not interested)
I've been told I'm pretty and my personality is 'outgoing'. So I was wondering apart from oxbridge (I'm not smart enough) which uni has the wealthiest guys arounds (I am not looking for the 'rah' types btw)
Any suggestions on how to bag a rich guy are welcome :smile:

Hi,

It is understandable that you want to improve your life chances by finding a rich husband or marrying into a wealthy family. Yes, that is fair enough. However, try not to make it look like you are a gold-digger only there for the money.

Some very wealthy people can be paranoid about gold-diggers and may be able to sniff you out.

If you want to improve your chances, then you need to improve your lifestyle by bettering your habits and outlook. There are women, who support their daughters, in order to bag a wealthy suitor.

The mother of Kate Middleton (Duchess of Cambridge and wife of Prince William) was accused of pushing Kate Middleton to reject her first choice University (Edinburgh), in favour of St. Andrews, where Prince William went to uni.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-chose-st-andrews-2244107

So it is normal for people to aim for a better life. For universities (my opinion) - in no particular order

International (rich kids from outside the UK).
1. Oxbridge
2. UCL
3. LSE
4. Imperial
5. Manchester
6. Warwick
7. Bristol
8. Edinburgh
9. Kings College London
10. Nottingham

Home Students (rich kids from the UK)
1. Oxbridge
2. Durham
3. UCL
4. LSE
5. Bath
6. Bristol
7. Exeter
8. Manchester
9. University of St. Andrews
10. Warwick

This is just my opinion and I think that these are the universities rich folks like to go to. Obviously, some Universities are harder to get into than others.

You can also look at the University destinations of top private schools like Eton, Charterhouse, Rugby School, Harrow, Westminster, Clifton College and Marlborough. That will give you an indication of the popular universities among the rich kids from private schools.

Good luck in your search.
(edited 7 years ago)
Idk people say imperial is supposed to have all these mega rich internationals but I haven't come across many. Knowing my luck I'll graduate and still not have encountered one
Reply 56
My advice is to pray. I think you need to pray to God everyday for the type you're looking for. A young, rich male, who isn't the 'rah' type. That's a real ask.

Can I ask if you're looking exclusively for a white guy, or will any ethnicity do? Because, there are millions upon millions of millionaires/billionaires in China looking for an attractive wife. (Especially, after the one child policy thing, there are about 30 million unmarried men in China- and it's getting quite desperate for them) So, if you go to China, as an attractive female, you'll have your pick of the males!

Or, you can do a Pride and Prejudice thing, where you being 'accomplished' and find a Mr.Darcy!
Reply 57
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Idk people say imperial is supposed to have all these mega rich internationals but I haven't come across many. Knowing my luck I'll graduate and still not have encountered one

It's true, mostly Chinese, but they dress quite inconspicuously eg. In tracksuits and old T-shirts. Because even if the Chinese are rich, they're still cheap and frugal. (Speaking from personal experience)
Lool I knew people would take the piss. I'm being deadly serious about finding a rich guy. I've seen the way people live in my estate..its horrible. My grades are actually quite good but I know I'll never be able to afford the lifestyle I wanna live so I have to marry up if ygm...

If you have good grades why don't you make yourself succesful?
Yeah he was pretty awesome. But the biggest turn off was his arrogance. I've been out with "rich kids" in the past and it seems to be a pattern in them.

Was it worth the arrogance for the places he took you or did it get too much quickly? Hope you got some good shopping sprees out of it at least haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending