The Student Room Group

How much did your teacher help your foreign language coursework?

Did your teacher cheat for you. For example in my school one spanish teacher pretty much made all her student's coursework either A or A* grade, whilst another refused to even correct the work but just underlined words which need changing, and didn't even tell her student he wrote in the wrong tense.
Reply 1
No way we barely got any help. We were made to write paragraphs on the topic of say holidays in y10 but a non-specific paragraph which would be marked and then in y11 when doing controlled assessments we would be given the questions and just be told to get on with it. The teachers would barely let us ask for word translations in the run up to coursework!!! Whereas I have heard tales where teachers actually check through the whole written and correct it. The leniency is shocking in some schools
Original post by Jehaan
No way we barely got any help. We were made to write paragraphs on the topic of say holidays in y10 but a non-specific paragraph which would be marked and then in y11 when doing controlled assessments we would be given the questions and just be told to get on with it. The teachers would barely let us ask for word translations in the run up to coursework!!! Whereas I have heard tales where teachers actually check through the whole written and correct it. The leniency is shocking in some schools

I'm very annoyed at how different the teachers act. My teacher didn't even tell me about one paragraph being the wrong tense, and I had to talk to her so many times outside of class to get her to check it. At the start of the year she checked some, but then she apparently got told off by another teacher for doing so for her students and then only checked short sentences for me after class. Another class had a fairly similiar teacher, whilst another literally corrected every single pupil's coursework to perfection.
My French teacher started mouthing a part of my oral to me in my exam when I froze and couldn't remember what to say next. She was an absolute bae
My teacher helped us by asking us what we wanted to say and guided us to the right words but didn't actually say the words. She would make us look up words in the dictionary as well.
I would just use google translate and then go up to another french teacher and get her to mark it loool and fix everything. Was the only one in my class that came out with an A* :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pinkberry_y
My French teacher started mouthing a part of my oral to me in my exam when I froze and couldn't remember what to say next. She was an absolute bae

Sameee. She would do hand gestures and she allowed me to tell her which questions to ask and in which order before the speaking exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My Mandarin (Chinese) teacher helped/guided us a significant amount.
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Sameee. She would do hand gestures and she allowed me to tell her which questions to ask and in which order before the speaking exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes omg the hand gestures! Did you guys also have a 'suprise' question at the end of the oral? Our teacher would tell us what the choices were for the suprise question and had numbered them. So if we drew blank when she asked us it shed hold up her finger to tell us which question number it was LOL
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Yes omg the hand gestures! Did you guys also have a 'suprise' question at the end of the oral? Our teacher would tell us what the choices were for the suprise question and had numbered them. So if we drew blank when she asked us it shed hold up her finger to tell us which question number it was LOL

Omfg looool! No she gave us a list of questions she'll ask and we would practise them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest