The Student Room Group

I think this will answer your ''D'' and ''E'' in AQA GEO

They probably never came around to marking your CA, I feel like that is why my grade is at a ''D'' overall.

**** it, I'm going to remark. Has anyone had success so far, this year, with remarking AQA GEO?!
Reply 1
I mean, I know this won't be for everyone, but I haven't yet ****ing recieved my CA or exam marks yet.
Original post by Fly.RK_
They probably never came around to marking your CA, I feel like that is why my grade is at a ''D'' overall.

**** it, I'm going to remark. Has anyone had success so far, this year, with remarking AQA GEO?!

Your Unit 3 UMS mark will be on your slip. I suppose you're just bad at Geography.
Original post by Fly.RK_
Na, it's not on the ****ing slip. It doesn't say, you ****ing rebel.

For Computer Science, I got no exam grades whatsoever - no coursework or anything so you're not the only one.
Omg! Is this RKtothesky?! Did you make a new account?? That's why I couldn't pm you!! I was wondering how you got on in your exams? Sorry to hear about the geography mishap, it must be so frustrating! I'm sure your mark will go up in the remark!! I somehow managed to get an A* and I have absolutely no idea how?! Xx
Original post by Jamie Vardy
For Computer Science, I got no exam grades whatsoever - no coursework or anything so you're not the only one.

I remember you making fun of me in the official AQA gcse geography thread because I found the exam hard lol... How did you get on in geography??
guys I was 8ums away from an A* in gcse geog aqa. Should I get it remarked? its like 4 marks. Ive been an A* student all year round and got an a overall
Original post by worksmartnothard
I remember you making fun of me in the official AQA gcse geography thread because I found the exam hard lol... How did you get on in geography??

AAC respectively so two marks off an A. :frown:
Reply 8
Well I also did AQA Geo and I was one UMS off a C overall (got 239 needed 240) so I've sent off one of my papers and are waiting! Does anyone know how many more marks I need?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jamie Vardy
AAC respectively so two marks off an A. :frown:

A B is still good, well done.
Reply 10
Original post by worksmartnothard
Omg! Is this RKtothesky?! Did you make a new account?? That's why I couldn't pm you!! I was wondering how you got on in your exams? Sorry to hear about the geography mishap, it must be so frustrating! I'm sure your mark will go up in the remark!! I somehow managed to get an A* and I have absolutely no idea how?! Xx

No, it's not me! ;-)
I'm going to be sending all my papers and CA for a remark, but first I need my grade breakdowns; coming next week.

I'll PM you later. x
Reply 11
Original post by 123moon
Well I also did AQA Geo and I was one UMS off a C overall (got 239 needed 240) so I've sent off one of my papers and are waiting! Does anyone know how many more marks I need?

Even better, you could've jus sent your CA.
Reply 12
Idk, I got A* with 100% UMS on CA, but if you are within a few marks of a boundary or are a few boundaries below what you would've expected you might as well send it off to get remarked
I'm a natural A* Student in Geography- for some reason I ended up with a low B overall. I realised that my coursework was bumped down from an 60/60 (A*) to a C grade. In the exam- which I found to be quite easy, I ended up getting low B's too. This resulted in my grade B overall
I still have yet to complain to my school about this as quite frankly, I haven't had the time but I will soon.

However, I've heard that coursework cannot be remarked- if it is then the school has to file a remark for everyone's coursework that got sent off. Which is a one in a million chance as it is quite costly.
Reply 14
Original post by RyujinTanaka
I'm a natural A* Student in Geography- for some reason I ended up with a low B overall. I realised that my coursework was bumped down from an 60/60 (A*) to a C grade. In the exam- which I found to be quite easy, I ended up getting low B's too. This resulted in my grade B overall
I still have yet to complain to my school about this as quite frankly, I haven't had the time but I will soon.

However, I've heard that coursework cannot be remarked- if it is then the school has to file a remark for everyone's coursework that got sent off. Which is a one in a million chance as it is quite costly.

I remarked it via a private school, so my CA will be marked.
Original post by Fly.RK_
No, it's not me! ;-)
I'm going to be sending all my papers and CA for a remark, but first I need my grade breakdowns; coming next week.

I'll PM you later. x

Haha, cool!
Reply 16
Original post by Fly.RK_
Even better, you could've jus sent your CA.

At my school I'm not even sure we can get our CA remarked but tbh I don't know I'm not that confident that it would go up in fact I think quite the opposite but it would probably be the last resort if I seriously have to.

Quick Reply

Latest