The Student Room Group

What range of degrees should I apply for? A*AA to BBC?

Hi,

I'm looking into studying physics next year at uni, I got AAAB at my AS levels, and predicted 3 As, what range of unis should I go for? A few AAB, one A*AA and one BBB?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Lexidan
Hi,

I'm looking into studying physics next year at uni, I got AAAB at my AS levels, and predicted 3 As, what range of unis should I go for? A few AAB, one A*AA and one BBB?

Thank you!

Hey! I'm also looking to study physics at uni next year, congrats on your results :biggrin: what subjects did you take & what will you be doing next year?

People are sometimes predicted one grade higher than their AS results - do you think you could get A*s next year? If so then why not apply to two or three A*AA unis, one AAA and one ABB? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Lexidan
Hi,

Thank you!

Could always put an AAA in there too :smile: just make sure you like the uni's! By the time you have to firm/insure, you'll have an idea of what you can honestly achieve, and what grades you realistically need your insurance choice to be - so keeping a range sounds good
Reply 3
Original post by 98matt
Hey! I'm also looking to study physics at uni next year, congrats on your results :biggrin: what subjects did you take & what will you be doing next year?

People are sometimes predicted one grade higher than their AS results - do you think you could get A*s next year? If so then why not apply to two or three A*AA unis, one AAA and one ABB? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers! I took Maths, Chemistry, DT and Physics. Grade AAAB respectively. Dropping DT as its not the most academic subject. How did you do at AS, where are you thinking of going to uni?

Yeah, I'm gunna try my hardest to get an A* in maths, ahah. Just need to back myself then and have confidence!
Reply 4
Original post by Lexidan
Cheers! I took Maths, Chemistry, DT and Physics. Grade AAAB respectively. Dropping DT as its not the most academic subject. How did you do at AS, where are you thinking of going to uni?

Yeah, I'm gunna try my hardest to get an A* in maths, ahah. Just need to back myself then and have confidence!

I took maths (A2 and AS), physics AS and chemistry AS. I got A*AAA respectively. I'm dropping chemistry to study further maths and physics in year 13 :smile:

What was DT like as a subject? I don't know many people that took it but it seems quite interesting from what I've heard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by 98matt
I took maths (A2 and AS), physics AS and chemistry AS. I got A*AAA respectively. I'm dropping chemistry to study further maths and physics in year 13 :smile:

What was DT like as a subject? I don't know many people that took it but it seems quite interesting from what I've heard

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jeez thats crazy, well done!!

Pretty good, lots of coursework though, I was constantly changing my portfolio. The final exam is pretty easy as long as you've revised materials etc. But that can get really boring!
hello Im applying for a degree which states that all applicants have to be from the UK and Northern Ireland. Do I count as an applicant from this region if i have lived here for 12 years?
Reply 7
Original post by Kingz_DD99
hello Im applying for a degree which states that all applicants have to be from the UK and Northern Ireland. Do I count as an applicant from this region if i have lived here for 12 years?

Which course is this and who's offering it??
nono
A*A*A to AAB

don't apply to mickey mouse universities
Original post by Lexidan
Which course is this and who's offering it??

Foundation year in medicine and
University of east anglia
Kings college
Bristol
Southampton

Quick Reply

Latest