The Student Room Group

Help with choosing a levels

Hi all,

I need to make a final decision on my a levels. So far i have got; history, geography, economics and politics. I have been considering changing economics for business, is this a wise idea? (I got 100% on my business exams at gcse). Also, are these a levels enough to get me into a russell group university to study law or finance/economics (i know maths may be needed for some, but i got an A at gcse and really do not want to take it at A level due to lack of confidence in the subject).
Reply 1
Original post by brandonjohn99
Hi all,

I need to make a final decision on my a levels. So far i have got; history, geography, economics and politics. I have been considering changing economics for business, is this a wise idea? (I got 100% on my business exams at gcse). Also, are these a levels enough to get me into a russell group university to study law or finance/economics (i know maths may be needed for some, but i got an A at gcse and really do not want to take it at A level due to lack of confidence in the subject).

Seems like a solid set of A Levels to me. Personally, I would keep economics and not change it for business, particularly if you want to study economics at a Russell Group university. Business is also regarded as a 'softer' A Level. Either way, good luck.
Original post by brandonjohn99
x

I'd personally keep econ over business, especially if you're looking at the RG. Here's a video I made explaining what you can generally expect from AS econ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwGLp4IeieI&list=PLy5ETTP3287zNzWzoQuiOr795z2YdseEi&index=2

Quick Reply

Latest