The Student Room Group

Am I good enough for A-Level Maths?

I have to register for Sixth Form
tomorrow, and I'm doubting a couple of my subjects and considering doing maths. How hard is it at A-Level?, And am I good enough to do it with an A at GCSE(167/200 - 3 off an A*), and an A in Further Maths??
Original post by emily_31
tomorrow, and I'm doubting a couple of my subjects and considering doing maths. How hard is it at A-Level?, And am I good enough to do it with an A at GCSE(167/200 - 3 off an A*), and an A in Further Maths??

Yes anyones good enough with enough work ethic. Last year GCSE I was 1 off an A* in math and got a B in further math. This year for AS maths I got a high A, so yh it is possible!
legit maths is one of the easiest subjects, i found a level maths more straight forward than GCSE (less topics)
Mate, I dunno. I barely scratched an A at GCSE and didn't do FM GCSE. Then I took Maths + FM A-Level and got myself A* and B respectively. So I guess you're not good enough. :console:
Reply 4
Original post by RDKGames
Mate, I dunno. I barely scratched an A at GCSE and didn't do FM GCSE. Then I took Maths + FM A-Level and got myself A* and B respectively. So I guess you're not good enough. :console:

So,wht did you get for maths gcse
maths is all about how much you put in, that's it. you can literally teach yourself the whole of A-Level maths with help from websites like exam solutions (google it) then all you need to do is practise what you learn and keep revisiting what you've done every now and then. A-Level maths is all about practise, nothing too difficult especially since it's mostly algebra and numbers
Of course you are. I got a low A in gcse maths and I found as maths easier and I managed to get 290/300
Original post by Stirla351
So,what did you get for maths gcse?

Well if you would read my comment again you'd find that I have barely scratched the A grade at GCSE maths.
Original post by RDKGames
Well if you would read my comment again you'd find that I have barely scratched the A grade at GCSE maths.

Sense beef
Reply 9
Original post by emily_31

I barely managed to get a B in GCSE and did Maths and Further Maths at A-level. You should be fine as long as you do lots of practice outside the classroom.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending