The Student Room Group

Want to delete a girl I like off social media but I can't do it

I asked this girl out that I've liked for ages and she basically shot me down saying she wasn't ready to date but 2 days later I saw pictures on Facebook and Instagram of her getting very cosy with another guy. At the moment I am incredibly heartbroken and my friends have suggested I delete her off my social media but at this moment in time I just can't bring myself to do it. What should I do? If I delete her now she will know something is up with me. How can I keep her on social media but avoid seeing what she puts on there?
Delete her. It really isn't that hard, and you'll just cause yourself more pain by keeping up to date with her life.
Reply 2
Do it

Hurry up.
Reply 3
The problem is I just can't do it I keep wondering what if she wants to talk to me again.
Original post by Anonymous
I asked this girl out that I've liked for ages and she basically shot me down saying she wasn't ready to date but 2 days later I saw pictures on Facebook and Instagram of her getting very cosy with another guy. At the moment I am incredibly heartbroken and my friends have suggested I delete her off my social media but at this moment in time I just can't bring myself to do it. What should I do? If I delete her now she will know something is up with me. How can I keep her on social media but avoid seeing what she puts on there?

Keep telling yourself she lied to you: it wasn't just she wasn't ready to date, it was that she didn't want to date you.
Original post by MikePL
The problem is I just can't do it I keep wondering what if she wants to talk to me again.

Anon fail
Mate just delete her, it's as simple as one click

If you unfollow her then you should be able to retain her as a friend without seeing her posts & stuff. I know it hurts right now, but there are other girls in the world. Main thing is to not reject yourself, & keep thinking positively & putting yourself out there! :smile:
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Keep telling yourself she lied to you.

This is what hurts me the most
Reply 8

Unfollow her instead so you wont see her pictures or statuses on your newsfeed and try not to click on her page if you arent ready to delete. I personally think FB is a pile of crap so i would hardly go on it.
Original post by chikane
Unfollow her instead so you wont see her pictures or statuses on your newsfeed and try not to click on her page if you arent ready to delete. I personally think FB is a pile of crap so i would hardly go on it.

So if I unfollow her it wont delete her from my friends list?
So if I unfollow her it wont delete her from my friends list?

No you just won't see her on your newsfeed.
Original post by phunky_fresh
No you just won't see her on your newsfeed.

Ah ok I think I might do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending