The Student Room Group

Best tablet for Medicine?

Hey All,

I am going to start first year Medicine, and I did some research on some of the stuff to get.

I was looking into getting either an iPad or an Android tablet, mainly for recording lectures and viewing textbooks instead of carrying my laptop or carrying hard copies of the books.

My budget is around 500 pound.

So what do you think the best tablet? I got some options down like the iPad Pro 9.7" with maybe the pencil, or Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 or the iPad Air 2. I just want to get something that is well rounded.

Thanks,
Omar
Reply 1
Have a look on Instagram or Facebook for Sarah Clifford illustration, you'll see what is achieveable with an iPad!*
It will also help you with your degree since she's a medical student.*
Original post by georgem93
Have a look on Instagram or Facebook for Sarah Clifford illustration, you'll see what is achieveable with an iPad!*
It will also help you with your degree since she's a medical student.*

Thanks!!
Original post by theboss1998
Hey All,

I am going to start first year Medicine, and I did some research on some of the stuff to get.

I was looking into getting either an iPad or an Android tablet, mainly for recording lectures and viewing textbooks instead of carrying my laptop or carrying hard copies of the books.

So what do you think the best tablet? I got some options down like the iPad Pro 9.7" with maybe the pencil, or Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 or the iPad Air 2. I just want to get something that is well rounded.

Thanks,
Omar

An android tablet will have the best operating system for pretty much any task, you just need to select which one as there are so many that suit different uses. Having used both for long amounts of time (iPad 4 years, android 2+ years) there's not a single task the iPad did better except the thumbprint scanner. Don't necessarily look only at samsung as there are lots of lesser known brands that are cheaper and may do what you need.
Original post by ProbablySmart
An android tablet will have the best operating system for pretty much any task, you just need to select which one as there are so many that suit different uses. Having used both for long amounts of time (iPad 4 years, android 2+ years) there's not a single task the iPad did better except the thumbprint scanner. Don't necessarily look only at samsung as there are lots of lesser known brands that are cheaper and may do what you need.

Oh I see thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by theboss1998
Hey All,

Thanks,
Omar

iPad. All the way. When it comes to a tablet, it's infuriating using anything else. Oh and the note taking apps are so polished on iOS. Onenote/Notability etc

Bear in mind some uni's don't allow you to record lectures...
Thanks!
Anyone else thought it was the tablets you ingest and swallow with water? :/
Haha i should have clarified the title more
Yeah the iPad pro with the apple pencil is the one you'll want for studying. Perfect tablet imo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending