The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 420Ghost96
Ah same here man what course you doing?

Sorry to butt in:colondollar: but Sherborne is my first choice too, also a biochemist
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 181
Ah same here man what course you doing?

Psychology, what about you?
Original post by sydneyl3igh
Sorry to butt in:colondollar: but Sherborne is my first choice too, also a biochemist
ah thats great man, are you in the life sciences group chat?.
Original post by Cg6114
Psychology, what about you?
biochemistry, what societies are you planning on joining?
ah thats great man, are you in the life sciences group chat?.

Noo, I'm not! How do I get added?
Original post by sydneyl3igh
Noo, I'm not! How do I get added?

Pm me your fb
Are there any Facebook chats for French and German?
Guys

I don't have facebook. I didn't have facebook for the last 3 years, as I found it was distracting me from important things in my life. This goes the same for all other social media like twitter, BBM(even tho nobody uses it anymore - I wish they did, I loved the PING!!! LOL -, Snapchat etc. However, now I am questioning whether I should continue on to University without these modern social accounts. A lot of people have been asking me in social situations 'do you have snapchat' and I just say 'no, but I use just calling and texting' and end up getting their numbers. Do you think I should continue as I've been, and just stay in touch with people via phone and text or would it be more of an advantage than disadvantage overall to have these social media accounts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Justtryingtolive
Guys

I don't have facebook. I didn't have facebook for the last 3 years, as I found it was distracting me from important things in my life. This goes the same for all other social media like twitter, BBM(even tho nobody uses it anymore - I wish they did, I loved the PING!!! LOL -, Snapchat etc. However, now I am questioning whether I should continue on to University without these modern social accounts. A lot of people have been asking me in social situations 'do you have snapchat' and I just say 'no, but I use just calling and texting' and end up getting their numbers. Do you think I should continue as I've been, and just stay in touch with people via phone and text or would it be more of an advantage than disadvantage overall to have these social media accounts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Facebook would be handy due to all the society pages on there :smile:
Can someone update me on the freshers events and clubbing nights? I can't seem to find the best event to go to

Thank you
Guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

Facebook is useful for getting information about society events and stuff that is often poorly advertised other than that.
Original post by BlueSam3
Facebook is useful for getting information about society events and stuff that is often poorly advertised other than that.

Original post by acontium
Facebook would be handy due to all the society pages on there :smile:

Thanks, I think if thats the main reason to opt in favour of making an account I'll pass, because I can access the pages without an account/if not use some random/temporary account. Is this a good plan guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys

Any Afghans in the room?
Any Afghan society in Warwick?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, I think if thats the main reason to opt in favour of making an account I'll pass, because I can access the pages without an account/if not use some random/temporary account. Is this a good plan guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most society pages (at least the internal ones where actual organisation stuff happens) are closed, which means you'll need to have an account and be added to them by someone before you can see anything in them.
Reply 195
Pop is by far the most popular event on campus and will be attended by all years, so it sells out pretty fast, so try and get tickets for that. The other freshers events can be a mixed bag, but it's worth attending a few - stuff like the freshers party, foam party, the opening weekend stuff. It's part of the freshers experience, really. But the best stuff happens in Leamington.
Hi well done, I'm doing straight History, have you heard anything from the department yet?
Guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fellow caveman here lol in that i don't have Snapchat; but like you I intend on getting it before departing in fear of "missing out" so to speak.

Also, I agree that there is nothing worse than the astounded expression people have when you tell them you don't have snapchat and then you proceed to be treated like a leper :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
icebreaker tshirt or nah?
Reply 199
Original post by yungggnike
nott yet at warwick but i got ABB for AS results day and i would love to attend warwick in 2017, did any of you get similar results to mine at as ????

Hey sorry this is a late comment but I got the same grades as you in AS, ABBB, but this year I managed to get AAA and got my place in Warwick so just keep working and you'll defo get the grades you need :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest