Can't do I'm afraid :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes you can. I did as i got bored
lol this time a week ago i was in my ukcat
Original post by clairebear101
lol this time a week ago i was in my ukcat

how did you find it?
So I've just done the mini mock for QR on medify and got a score of 550 :frown:
I didn't have time to answer 8 questions at the end and now i am panicking really bad as my exam is tomorrow.
Can somebody please help me by giving me tips on how to do well on the QR section as well as how I can minimise the amount of time I spend on doing each question? I am absolutely sh**ing myself right now.

Thanks in advance
Original post by studentleah
I didn't have time to answer 8 questions at the end and now i am panicking really bad as my exam is tomorrow.
Can somebody please help me by giving me tips on how to do well on the QR section as well as how I can minimise the amount of time I spend on doing each question? I am absolutely sh**ing myself right now.

Thanks in advance

i know your exam is tomorrow, but just make sure you can do the basic stuff. i went through bbc bitesize and made sure i can do stuff like percentage change and areas of a circle and stuff. i then made sure i could do questions like that so when it comes to QR i am able to know what they are asking me to do and what information is required fairly quickly.

a lot of people say if it looks like a long winded question or something reuqiring a lot of steps then guess or make an educated guess then flag and move on and if you have time then come back.

just practice! but dont stress

p.s a lot of people have said the QR in the exam is easier than medify so hopefully you will do better!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by xJessScott
theres a set of a few. cant find the answer sheet on my memory stick though im afraid. BBC bitesize is pretty good as well

Thanks
Original post by studentleah

Thanks in advance

DONT PANIC! I got 550 in the QR mini-mock as my timings were absolutely rubbish! After a few mocks you'll begin to get used to the timings (40 seconds a question and no more) and it'll become easier to finish the 36 questions. By the time I took my test I got 200 points higher than this so don't worry at all.
Original post by studentsixth
DONT PANIC! I got 550 in the QR mini-mock as my timings were absolutely rubbish! After a few mocks you'll begin to get used to the timings (40 seconds a question and no more) and it'll become easier to finish the 36 questions. By the time I took my test I got 200 points higher than this so don't worry at all.

How is the AR compared to medify or the official mocks in the actual exam
Original post by Samantha48124
How is the AR compared to medify or the official mocks in the actual exam

It was mostly easy, however I found that the type 2,3 and 4 (well, one of them) questions very difficult, especially because of timing. I got about 15 of them and I just didn't have the time to answer them all so I had to guess.
Original post by studentsixth
It was mostly easy, however I found that the type 2,3 and 4 (well, one of them) questions very difficult, especially because of timing. I got about 15 of them and I just didn't have the time to answer them all so I had to guess.

Thank you for replying back. One other question. Would you say the VR was similar to medify/ official mocks or would you say there were of a higher level of difficulty.
Thank you for replying back. One other question. Would you say the VR was similar to medify/ official mocks or would you say there were of a higher level of difficulty.

Similar to Medify mock 3 and the official mocks I felt. The questions themselves weren't that hard but the passages were long.
Original post by xJessScott
how did you find it?

tbh it was hard. I got 716 tho and Band 1 so im happy
Original post by clairebear101
tbh it was hard. I got 716 tho and Band 1 so im happy

For VR would you say there were a lot of comprehension type questions without keywords?
For VR would you say there were a lot of comprehension type questions without keywords?

the key words are hard in the time, i just guessed so many lol
Vr:670
AR:590
QR:770
average 677 total 2030
Is this good enough for any london unis. St george maybe
Reply 3435
Guys does anyone know how to calculate scores from the official ukcat mocks....my exam is tomorrow and i just did mock 3
Anyone else finding the medify AR quite difficult and weird compared to other ones?
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Vr:670
AR:590
QR:770
average 677 total 2030
Is this good enough for any london unis. St george maybe

Hello,*

St George University GEM requires the GAMSAT as an entry exam, not UKCAT.*
Original post by 123ash
Hello,*

St George University GEM requires the GAMSAT as an entry exam, not UKCAT.*

non graduate entry
Original post by scarlettwinters
Anyone else finding the medify AR quite difficult and weird compared to other ones?

YES. i do fairly well in the books that i have however when i first started medify i found it fairly difficult and quite obscure patterns

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending