The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gabzinc
I'm doing WJEC history as well :frown: Honestly I would prefer AQA since its virtually impossible to find revision guides and websites that cater to the WJEC syllabus.
Are you guys studying the Nazis, The Apartheid and the Black Civil Rights movement in the USA?

(would have preferred to study the cold war instead though)

Hi, I'm doing WJEC History.

I'm doing Route A, but I'm doing:

Nazi Germany (1919 - 1947)
Development of the USA (1930 - 2000)
The Elizabethan Era (Idk, like 16th century xD)

There's a really good revision guide, made by a company called myrevisionnotes, which I have used to revise. All the info you need is there and I managed to get an A* in Nazi Germany and A in the USA this year in my mocks so it definitely works.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by e2014
Does the getrevising.com timetable not work unless you have specific exam dates?

I think it can work without, but I tried to use it, however I found that it's too poorly developed to use atm, so I just use Excel instead
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
I'm not in year 11, but I'm sitting geography in year 10 with wjec, how're you finding it

I don't really find it difficult, I mean there's a lot of content to learn but other than that it's fine. My problem is that I don't really like geography tbh, we got a case study booklet for theme 1 and 2 to do in the holidays.

My geography teacher did tell me your exams are worse, so sorry:tongue:
Original post by bjt1882
Hi, I'm doing WJEC History.

I'm doing Route A, but I'm doing:

Nazi Germany (1919 - 1947)
Development of the USA (1930 - 2000)
The Elizabethan Era (Idk, like 16th century xD)

There's a really good revision guide, made by a company called myrevisionnotes, which I have used to revise. All the info you need is there and I managed to get an A* in Nazi Germany and A in the USA this year in my mocks so it definitely works.

I had not idea this revision guide even existed :redface: I would buy it, but it doesn't cover Apartheid in South Africa though :frown:
Original post by lcpx
I'm doing Frankenstein, An Inspector Calls, The Merchant of Venice and for the anthology I am doing Power & Conflict.

Spoiler

Reply 325
Original post by bjt1882
I think it can work without, but I tried to use it, however I found that it's too poorly developed to use atm, so I just use Excel instead

I've put in all my subjects but since I don't have any exam dates nothing seems to be timetabled. I use Excel too, what does your timetable look like?
Original post by Just Some Person
Hey, I'm new to TSR too. It's nice to meet you (virtually, of course). It's nice to see someone else who's studying WJEC History and Geography. I think I'm doing Route B for History, but I'm not too sure. I know for a fact I'm studying Spec B for Geography, and it's one of the worst subjects I've chosen. How are you finding History and Geography? History is okay for me, but the recent unit I've studied (The Role/Status of Women in the 20th Century) was boring.

I wish you all the best for Year 11. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'm route B for both as well, yay:wink::wink:
I love history so much, so even when it get's hard I dont mind. I'm doing development of the USA, Elizabeth and Nazi Germany.
For geography I don't like the subject but the content's alright, if a bit much. I have found out I prefer social geography (people) than physical geography
(rivers, rainforests etc)

Thanks, best of luck to you too:colondollar::colondollar:
Original post by yaanii12
I think I'm route B for both as well, yay:wink::wink:
I love history so much, so even when it get's hard I dont mind. I'm doing development of the USA, Elizabeth and Nazi Germany.
For geography I don't like the subject but the content's alright, if a bit much. I have found out I prefer social geography (people) than physical geography
(rivers, rainforests etc)

Thanks, best of luck to you too:colondollar::colondollar:

I can't wait for History this year because hopefully, I'll find the next modules more interesting. I've just sat the Women module in June, so this year, we're focussing on Medicine Through Time and The American West. We did a bit of the Medicine unit in Year 10 and I found it interesting, so hopefully I'll enjoy The American West.

I find physical Geography somewhat interesting; I do like Geography as a subject. I just find the spec boring, don't know why. Good luck in your Geography and History exams; you'll smash them. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yaanii12
I don't really find it difficult, I mean there's a lot of content to learn but other than that it's fine. My problem is that I don't really like geography tbh, we got a case study booklet for theme 1 and 2 to do in the holidays.

My geography teacher did tell me your exams are worse, so sorry:tongue:

I'm doing the same exam as you, in the middle of coursework. I don't really like how topics are reviewed with wjec. It's sort of a repeat pattern
Original post by e2014
Does the getrevising.com timetable not work unless you have specific exam dates?

Are you referring to the Study Planner?The Study Planner does work regardless if you do not have any exam dates. You can create add a lot of things such as
deadlines, Study Sessions, Subjects, Commitments, Exams and Classes.

If you are experiencing problems please refer to Help button on the top right hand side of the page. There is also an option at the end of the list to 'contact us'.
Original post by e2014

What's the issue you're having with it?

Original post by bjt1882

What do you think could be improved? :smile: I'll forward any suggestions to the guy who's in charge of it.
Hi am Naomeyz_01 and am going into year 11. My hobbies are dancing and singing lol. Am taking 7 GCSEs which:
Geography (WJEC B)
English language/literature (AQA)
Spanish(AQA)
Business Studies(Edexcel)
Science(OCR)
Maths(Edexcel)
RS (OCR)
I think am ready for year 11 because I have been doing notes for some subjects such as Science so that when I get to my lessons I know exactly what am talking about and yeah for those of you who do OCR science I use westlands science, simply type it in on youtube to get all the topics from biology, chemistry and physics. I enjoy business studies the most and my dream career is probably marketing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by e2014
I've put in all my subjects but since I don't have any exam dates nothing seems to be timetabled. I use Excel too, what does your timetable look like?

This summer I've basically ignored it as I've mainly done science as it's my weakest subject. But preparing for year 11, I just have a couple of hours a night atm for the start, to keep notes and to ensure that I stay on top of the work.
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
I'm doing the same exam as you, in the middle of coursework. I don't really like how topics are reviewed with wjec. It's sort of a repeat pattern

I could never imagine doing my exams in year 10 as i feel like theres a lot of content, but good luck. Im only starting my coursework in november so im waiting for that, im weirdly excited:h:
Original post by _gcx
I'm doing Macbeth, Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde and An Inspector Calls. For the anthology, I'm doing Power and Conflict.

I do the exact same as you what are you doing in terms of revision for language and literature
:smile:
Original post by samaad1
I do the exact same as you what are you doing in terms of revision for language and literature
:smile:

I haven't really done much revision for English, yet, tbh. In class we're analysing each poem one by one, so I'll be sure to look over those notes in due time. I think for me I'll focus on practice for English Language, and I think the same for English Literature. I will probably compile notes for each of the texts.
Original post by _gcx
I haven't really done much revision for English, yet, tbh. In class we're analysing each poem one by one, so I'll be sure to look over those notes in due time. I think for me I'll focus on practice for English Language, and I think the same for English Literature. I will probably compile notes for each of the texts.

same just analysing poems I think I'm going to focus on language but I don't what to practice with as there isn't any past papers
Original post by samaad1
same just analysing poems I think I'm going to focus on language but I don't what to practice with as there isn't any past papers

I don't think English Language has changed that much, so you can safely use past papers from the previous spec, as well as the specimen that the exam boards have released for the new spec.
Reply 338
Hey guys, if anyone knows any useful resources that I haven't listened in the OP, please can you tag me and I will add them. Thank you
- JTran38
Hi guys! Hope you're all doing well. :smile:
Just out of interest, where's everyone up to with their notes for their subjects? As in the final ones? I'm nowhere near finished and I just wanted to know whether anyone else is in the same position. Honestly I don't think it'll help me to finish and finalise all my notes now, since it's easier for me to do it a fortnight or so before the exam. But the problem is that the exams are so close together next year... Has anyone got a solution for this?

Latest