The Student Room Group

Definitive proof girls are attracted to bullies.

Scroll to see replies

Figure 4.15 (pdf page 86) is the bit which is most relevant (well, the data which is i must admit i didnt read beyond that).
(edited 7 years ago)
So many views yet so few replies. Very telling.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Marked Target
Figure 4.15 (pdf page 86) is the bit which is most relevant (well, the data which is i must admit i didnt read beyond that).

What were your thoughts?
Original post by TheGuyReturns
What were your thoughts?

Well, tbh, I didn't really know what to make of it.

I certainly think its interesting and its not exactly a new shocking revelation (I think this idea has been floating around forever). Honestly, I'm not surprised in any way. If you consider how humans used to select partners then it makes perfect sense as well (as in within very primitive societies where only the 'bully' men get mates).

The abstract at the beginning does a good job of summarising as well (pdf page 15). It specifically states that violence and such tenancies are lesser in the west (this is from Kenya). So it might not be entirely representative of western society. I would like to believe that ~2000 years of monogamy and ~400 of being a relatively peaceful society would have changed these tendencies in England but I'm not sure how true that is.

I don't really know what there is to comment on it, however. It speaks for itself and its very difficult to argue against.
(edited 7 years ago)
Err it says that girls prefer bullies of both genders, so there for they are just preferring them in general, it doesn't indicate attraction otherwise the trend would be different in genders.

And as for what they are attracted to, it's more they are not attracted to the absence of stiff upper lip, or a chip on your shoulder about something that you convey here, than it is they are positively attracted to what you think they are.

Constructive advice.
bullies are an instant turn off.
@TheGuyReturns hmm you sound like you have a chip on your shoulder over something

You know, as much as I think you are onto something. I can't help but think you're just really frustrated at not being able to find a girl, and are looking for stuff to blame it on.
Among school age children, fear of public rejection presumably plays a bigger part than any real admiration for bullies.

As a younger child I made friends with bullies to save my own skin. As a teenager I learnt not to give a damn. That doesn't mean I have a lifelong bully fetish.
Reply 10

By your logic, girls should be more attracted to girls than boys...
Nah, I'm not attracted to any of the guys that picked on me during high school. Why would I be attracted to people who made high school like hell for me?
Original post by saraxh
bullies are an instant turn off.

No chance for me then? :bawling:

Spoiler

@Juedjegfewo

Let it auto-fill the name for you.
When you use @, it gives you suggestions as you type in the name. Make sure you click the correct name
Original post by inhuman
By your logic, girls should be more attracted to girls than boys...

Because girls are more wikely to be buwwies? ::cry::cry::cry:
@cbreef

Hah I'm a fool. There I think I've got it now thank you :tongue:
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
No chance for me then? :bawling:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Juedjegfewo
@cbreef

Hah I'm a fool. There I think I've got it now thank you :tongue:

Yep, you got it.
Original post by saraxh