The Student Room Group

OCR French A2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
harder than other papers?
Can someone make a reasonable suggestion about grade boundaries / UMS? The more I think about this exam the worse it was and I really need to get 112 UMS ! Don't think it's possible though :frown:
Over the past 6 years, the June grade boundaries for an A average out at about 101 where that = 112 UMS. Though on seemingly tougher years it has been as low as 99 for an A, and as high as 103 as the worst case scenario. I'm majorly stresing about it too, because I found it diabolical and need the A for my uni place, but it's good to know other people found it tough too. The only way I'm reassuring myself is by 1) thinking about the mark I may have in my speaking which could bring it up 2) considering any UMS carried over from my marks last year and 3) the amount of stuff we think we got wrong is probably overshadowing the stuff we got right because, as we care, we generally overthink things and make it worse for ourselves. For the record, I think I lost a few marks off the listening but messed up the definitions question and the translation. The other stuff seemed ok-ISH but still unsure as to what and exactly how much they wanted me to write.
What grade did everybody get in the end?
Reply 64
Original post by LucyON1998
What grade did everybody get in the end?

A* ^^
Original post by target21859
A* ^^

Wow that's crazy, congratulations!! I only got a C in mine but am really stuggling to know where I went wrong :frown: I was aiming for a B and kept getting top B grades on my past papers but only got a C in the real exam :frown:
Reply 66
Wow that's crazy, congratulations!! I only got a C in mine but am really stuggling to know where I went wrong :frown: I was aiming for a B and kept getting top B grades on my past papers but only got a C in the real exam :frown:

Thanks!
Oh no :frown:
Did you still get into uni?
And that's surprising because the grade boundaries went down quite a bit and rightfully slow. An A* was an A last year an A was a B and so on. I kinda feel bad for doing French because native speakers like me just raise the grade boundaries for non-native speakers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by target21859
Thanks!
Oh no :frown:
Did you still get into uni?
And that's surprising because the grade boundaries went down quite a bit and rightfully slow. An A* was an A last year an A was a B and so on. I kinda feel bad for doing French because native speakers like me just raise the grade boundaries for non-native speakers.

I was very lucky because my uni accepted me on UCAS anyway but I am studying English so perhaps they didn't mind so much about my French grade. It's really worrying me though because I was so prepared but now I'm questioning all of my revision techniques and feel like I don't know how I should be revising anymore. Don't worry about the grade boundaries though haha, you said that they dropped so you wouldn't have contributed to raising them at all! :smile:
Reply 68
I was very lucky because my uni accepted me on UCAS anyway but I am studying English so perhaps they didn't mind so much about my French grade. It's really worrying me though because I was so prepared but now I'm questioning all of my revision techniques and feel like I don't know how I should be revising anymore. Don't worry about the grade boundaries though haha, you said that they dropped so you wouldn't have contributed to raising them at all! :smile:

Ah that's good to hear. Hope you have a great time at uni! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 69
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4640486 OCR FRENCH A2 OFFICIAL THREAD FOR 2017

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending