The Student Room Group

What are the most embarrassing moments of your life?

The times where you just want the ground to swallow you up and die. Some of mine:

I was about 15, looking out of the bathroom window into my neighbours yard as they were having a party at night. They have an outdoor toilet and then I realised that the girl (who was my age) was sat on the toilet and the door wasn't closed. She spotted me looking from the window and to her disgust started yelling "ERRRRRR" I quickly hid, but ever since then it was awkward asf seeing them. They questioned me about it and asked if I was a lesbian (I'm not) but I do realise how creepy that was and so embarrassing.

Another is a geography college trip. We were told to go back to the coach at 12:30 but me and my friend thought it was 1pm, honest mistake, and so we went to the shop and got ice cream. Anyway we were walking casually and worried about where everyone was, then the teacher (he was literally psycho anyway, real nasty man) came running at us and screaming in our face. My friend was so scared she threw her ice cream in the bin and I continued eating mine and he grabbed it and threw it in the bin and he went mental at us. He took us to the coach and ridiculed us in front of everyone saying we were eating ice cream and everyone laughed while we were finding a seat. That was traumatising tbh.

Also, when I was 10 my mum caught me with loads of cotton buds on my bed masturbating with one (when I just discovered it). It was the worst thing ever, she was so angry and the next day she didn't drop it and I just wanted to die in that moment.

There are more but I can't recall them rn.
Share yours!!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

Also, when I was 10 my mum caught me with loads of cotton buds on my bed masturbating with one (when I just discovered it).

Why were you masturbating with cotton buds? That's all I want to know.
Reply 2
Original post by Davalla
Why were you masturbating with cotton buds? That's all I want to know.

This is TSR after all, anything goes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being in the Level 1 class at swimming at 13. years old because I couldn't swim and the other kids (who were literally like 6/7) and pretending I was 9 years old because in my head I thought looked like I could pass for a 9 year old (I didn't).
Then one day my friend who came to the sports centre to train on her swimming as she took part in competitions saw me by the changing rooms near the swimming pool and was like I didn't know you came here to swim as well and at that point the level 1 swimming teacher comes over and calls us all over to start the class, so it was me following all these 6/7 year olds to the baby pool.
Reply 4
I once asked a woman "when are you due?", she said "I'm not pregnant".
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by NJA
I once asked a woman "when are you due?", she said "I'm not pregnant".

This reminded me of a time I was in the supermarket with my cousins and aunt. Some girl walked past with a vest top on and her massive pregnant belly and I just find pregnant bellies unsightly, so I said that and it turns out my cousins knew the girl because they are related. They then approached her and had a chat while I stood there wanting to die :u:
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Being in the Level 1 class at swimming at 13. years old because I couldn't swim and the other kids (who were literally like 6/7) and pretending I was 9 years old because in my head I thought looked like I could pass for a 9 year old (I didn't).
Then one day my friend who came to the sports centre to train on her swimming as she took part in competitions saw me by the changing rooms near the swimming pool and was like I didn't know you came here to swim as well and at that point the level 1 swimming teacher comes over and calls us all over to start the class, so it was me following all these 6/7 year olds to the baby pool.

Oh wow, this is almost exactly the same as me (apart from a friend coming :tongue:)
I have so many.

One time was when I was texting my ex a week after they'd broken up with me and I was on my way home from school. I thought that they had a hospitality assessment the next day and wished them good luck. It turned out they'd had the assessment the week before. To make matters worse, I then proceeded to text them "How did it go?" but somehow autocorrect changed it to "How did tit go?" and only realised the mistake right after I sent the message. My ex noticed the mistake but didn't say anything. Needless to say, trying to divert the conversation to another topic didn't work. I wanted to curl up and die after that. :colondollar:

Another time was when I was volunteering at an event at a school. The area I was in has a very small number of Asian families. I often swear in Cantonese outside of home when I get really frustrated, annoyed or angry. I was getting tea for my team mates but the tea was burning my hands through the cups as I was walking back to my team's stall. Swore really badly in Cantonese only to realise there was a Chinese family right behind me (much to my friends' amusement!). I spent the rest of the day hoping that the Chinese family didn't hear me or didn't speak Cantonese!

Another embarrassing moment was when I was with my support worker. I had feelings for a kid in my year (who my support worker also worked with). This kid thought that I was stressed out and threatened to beat up the people who they thought were hurting me. My support worker knew I had feelings for this kid. I later asked my support worker what the kid really meant and she said, "Don't get your hopes up, TimidPhoenix. It's not what you think." I'd never wanted the ground to swallow me up and to vanish from existence as badly before.

There're many more but those three are the ones I can think of at the top of my head.
Reply 8
I got a boner in public while in New Zealand and my fly was unzipped. Yep. Good thing only 30 or so people saw it. No fit girls though :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I was seeing my cousin's best friend and I was sexting her and planning all sorts of filth for the following weekend. My cousin read the texts, told my sister, who then blurted it all out in front of my entire family. Cue awkward moment the following weekend, telling my mum I'm off out and knowing that she knew exactly what I was about to do.

Quick Reply

Latest