The Student Room Group

How long does it take to drop a subject after AS?

:hello:
Basically i want to drop one of my AS subjects because i really dont want to do 4 at A2 mainly because of time commitments due to other course work heavy subjects.
However im wondering how long this process would take, for instance do you have to go to that subject's lesson when we go back to school for the first couple of weeks?
originally this was going to be sorted on results day but there was a change of plan and now apparently we have to sort it when we go back.
Also from experience were the teachers ok with you dropping a subject even if you got an A in it?
i really dont want to be forced to have to carry it on.
You would normally drop a AS level. When I went back in september the first day was pretty much talking to my tutor about my choices such as my timetable and what I'm dropping.
Original post by Vikingninja
You would normally drop a AS level. When I went back in september the first day was pretty much talking to my tutor about my choices such as my timetable and what I'm dropping.

Yeh i think it is the norm :yes: a lot of people do 3 to start with now because of these new linear changes so im just not sure if it is as much as a priority to the staff as it used to be but hopefully there will be enough people wanting to drop stuff to make it important.
ah thank you :smile:
did you have to go to the lesson of the thing you were dropping? or were they ok for you to miss the lessons even if you hadn't formally dropped it yet?
Original post by CoolCavy
Yeh i think it is the norm :yes: a lot of people do 3 to start with now because of these new linear changes so im just not sure if it is as much as a priority to the staff as it used to be but hopefully there will be enough people wanting to drop stuff to make it important.
ah thank you :smile:
did you have to go to the lesson of the thing you were dropping? or were they ok for you to miss the lessons even if you hadn't formally dropped it yet?

For me I started A2 in the last 6 weeks of yr 12 and we were expected to go to those lessons. If you didn't go to I think it was 80% of the lessons for a subject you couldn't go back to it in September (doesn't sound like your college does it) and when we went back in September we then decided what we dropped, we didn't go to that subjects lessons after.
Original post by Vikingninja
For me I started A2 in the last 6 weeks of yr 12 and we were expected to go to those lessons. If you didn't go to I think it was 80% of the lessons for a subject you couldn't go back to it in September (doesn't sound like your college does it) and when we went back in September we then decided what we dropped, we didn't go to that subjects lessons after.

yeh same :yes: idk about the 80% thing but after exams we had to go back until july to carry on with A2 even if we were thinking of dropping it.
ah ok thank you :smile: so you decided on the first day back and didnt go to those lessons in september from that day on?
Original post by CoolCavy
yeh same :yes: idk about the 80% thing but after exams we had to go back until july to carry on with A2 even if we were thinking of dropping it.
ah ok thank you :smile: so you decided on the first day back and didnt go to those lessons in september from that day on?

Nope.
Which subjects do you do?

Quick Reply

Latest