The Student Room Group

WJEC IT3 A2 ICT Exam - Wednesday 22nd June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mande1724
It says 110.

With that ums you need 170 more ums to secure the B overall. This is going to be quite a challenge.

I would recommend that you push yourself hard to try and get 80ums in the year 13 coursework (100/100)

Given that you achieve this, you still need 90ums on the exam. This is a high B on the exam. (typically somewhere around 74/90) so 82%.

It will be difficult, and you must work hard.

As a side note, you'd need 210 more ums for an A overall, which is impossible (unless you resit an AS unit)
Original post by PedanticStudent
With that ums you need 170 more ums to secure the B overall. This is going to be quite a challenge.

I would recommend that you push yourself hard to try and get 80ums in the year 13 coursework (100/100)

Given that you achieve this, you still need 90ums on the exam. This is a high B on the exam. (typically somewhere around 74/90) so 82%.

It will be difficult, and you must work hard.

As a side note, you'd need 210 more ums for an A overall, which is impossible (unless you resit an AS unit)

Could you help workout what I got in my AS exam I got 69/80 in my coursework
Could you help workout what I got in my AS exam I got 69/80 in my coursework

69/80 in coursework = 56ums (b)

Meaning you must have got 54ums in the exam, which is an E grade. (38/80 RAW)

You should consider resitting the exam, as I think it will help you get where you want to be.
(edited 7 years ago)
69/80 in coursework = 56ums (b)

Meaning you must have got 54ums in the exam, which is an E grade. (38/80 RAW)

You should consider resitting the exam, as I think it will help you get where you want to be.

With 110 ums this year what do I need for a C overall?
With 110 ums this year what do I need for a C overall?

That would be much more easily achievable.

130 more UMS needed for the C

Again, looking at the scenario where you get 80ums (100%) in the coursework:
You'd need 50ums in the exam. (47/90 RAW) which is an E grade.

Obviously, there is room for manoeuvre regarding how much you get in each module. You must just achieve 130UMS across the two next year, for instance, you could get a little less in the coursework, and a little more in the exam etc etc....
That would be much more easily achievable.

130 more UMS needed for the C

Again, looking at the scenario where you get 80ums (100%) in the coursework:
You'd need 50ums in the exam. (47/90 RAW) which is an E grade.

Obviously, there is room for manoeuvre regarding how much you get in each module. You must just achieve 130UMS across the two next year, for instance, you could get a little less in the coursework, and a little more in the exam etc etc....

How hard is the A2 theory? Is it just a case of memorising past mark schemes?
How hard is the A2 theory? Is it just a case of memorising past mark schemes?

The A2 exam is easier in my opinion. Yes, it's just remembering the mark schemes again.

I've been looking over the questions, and they all do seem very similar.

Practice, practice, practice the questions and making sure that they are bang on with the mark schemes and you will be set. Do every paper at least 4 times I say. (space it out over the year)Be a perfectionist. Do not let yourself yet away with losing so much as one mark on a paper. Make sure you know exactly why you have lost a mark and make damn sure it does not happen again.

As you cover topics in class, do take on board what is being said, but at the end of the day, the mark scheme is the definitive judge so take whatever anybody else tells you with a grain of salt, also make sure you do plenty of past paper questions for each topic as you go throughout the year.

As with most things in life, work very hard and you will be successful. Should you put the effort and time into ICT, there is no reason why you cannot get 120UMS in the exam.
(edited 7 years ago)
does anybody have the past paper for this exam? many thanks
Does anybody have the paper? I've run out of papers to revise from and need one ! thanks guys
Original post by tom-gilding
Does anybody have the paper? I've run out of papers to revise from and need one ! thanks guys

Hello.

Go and have a read of this thread, we're all chatting over there about the 2017 exam.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4516494

There's a link on there where you can get the paper also.
Original post by Nath98
Pen and Paper for me. I printed off all the past papers and mark schemes then I pretty much divided up all the past paper question answers into topic by topic and wrote it all down in notes. Now I'm just practising questions from each topic as best I can. We just have to pray they don't introduce any new question types.

I have 90%+ in every module so far (thank God for the coursework), so I'd really like to do well in this and get A* but I've a feeling they will introduce new questions and I'll miss out.

Did you get an A* overall??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending