The Student Room Group

Trading Work Experience

Hi everyone, I'm going into year 12 and a future career I've got in mind is trading. So does anyone know of work experience programs, or any other ways I could get work experience in trading?
Reply 1
Original post by HamzahPatel
Hi everyone, I'm going into year 12 and a future career I've got in mind is trading. So does anyone know of work experience programs, or any other ways I could get work experience in trading?

You should apply for the insight days at investment banks (Nomura and Bank of America have ones at accept Year 12s but aren't open yet) which include insights on both IBD and trading.

You could also try cold emailing small prop trading firms and boutique asset management firms for work experience.

Focus more on developing extra curricular activities as this is what banks and trading firms look for when selecting applicants. It would also be useful to go to a top university like Oxbridge, Imperial, LSE, UCL, Warwick etc...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Trapz99
You should apply for the insight days at investment banks (Nomura and Bank of America have ones at accept Year 12s but aren't open yet) which include insights on both IBD and trading.

You could also try cold emailing small prop trading firms and boutique asset management firms for work experience.

Focus more on developing extra curricular activities as this is what banks and trading firms look for when selecting applicants. It would also be useful to go to a top university like Oxbridge, Imperial, LSE, UCL, Warwick etc...

I'm already planning on applying to as many relevant work experience programs as I can, in fact the Nomura one opens the day after tomorrow.

And true, I could try cold emailing. But first I need to get my CV and cover letter fully completed.

What particular extra-curriculars do you recommend? Could it just be anything like sport
Reply 3
Original post by HamzahPatel
I'm already planning on applying to as many relevant work experience programs as I can, in fact the Nomura one opens the day after tomorrow.

And true, I could try cold emailing. But first I need to get my CV and cover letter fully completed.

What particular extra-curriculars do you recommend? Could it just be anything like sport

Yeah it could be anything like sport, volunteering, music, anything you're passionate about really.
Reply 4
Trading what exactly?
Original post by zayn008
Trading what exactly?

You mean what specific instruments?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending