The Student Room Group

Biomedicine or access to medicine?

Hii...
I am planning to apply for a medicine course in the future but now I have to choose one of the two choices I have: Biomedicine ( and continue with the graduate entry course) or access to medicine (with low UKCAT score)?
Reply 1
Access to medicine would always be the preferred route. It's shorter. Financially makes more sense.

But I'm not sure of your situation in full.

Your UKCAT score is only valid for a year and is taken before you apply to med school. So a low UKCAT score before doing an Access course wouldn't matter?
Reply 2
Some universities (such as Newcastle) offer the opportunity to transfer from Biomedicine to Medicine after your 1st year. These offerings are typically very competitive, but this route, as with an access to medicine programme would be shorter than completing an entire Biomedicine degree and then Grad-Entry Medicine.
Reply 3
Original post by YesMED
Some universities (such as Newcastle) offer the opportunity to transfer from Biomedicine to Medicine after your 1st year. These offerings are typically very competitive, but this route, as with an access to medicine programme would be shorter than completing an entire Biomedicine degree and then Grad-Entry Medicine.

Thanks for this information, I will try to do this
Reply 4
Original post by Ammu.kutty
Thanks for this information, I will try to do this

No worries, good luck with the applications!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending