The Student Room Group

Polish Man Beaten To Death In potential Hate Crime By Gang Of 20 In Essex

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HaramiSalami
That doesn't mean anything, ''I'm a violent thug because it's in my genes is a ****ing retarded cop out'' No because I'm right. It's ridiculous as well because it comes from someone who often claims he has moral superiority over Muslims, if an Asian gang attacked a White Brit, you would be going crazy rather than saying ''it's just biology bro, basically the EU is to blame :dunce:''
Muslims are not in the UK as a result of the EU.

He also raised a valid point, regarding employment opportunities etc. which you ignored.

Also, just wait until the next Islamic terrorist attack, the resident leftists will flood into the thread ready to blame Trump.
Reply 41
Original post by TercioOfParma

It is culture, and western culture is better than Islamic culture. Why, you ask? Compare human rights in the west and human rights in most of the islamic world and you have your answer.

I'm sure Shaker Aamer (a British citizen) really felt the full force of America's commitment to human rights when he was held in Guantanamo Bay for over 13 years without being charged (he was occasionally tortured too - to underline the supremacy of "Western culture").

What makes x culture "better" than y culture? I.e. even if x culture, on average, has a superior record on "human rights" (however that is conceived) to y culture, why does that mean that x culture is "better" than y culture?
No It doesn't, that is why we are discussing culture and not genetics. Pointing out that different cultures and an increase in competition for unskilled work causes issues isn't some racist statement, you'd be angry too if a completely new culture came in and made it hard for you to get a job. If you think this is, I suggest you get your head checked.

You basically claimed that violent racism is unavoidable because racism is natural, it's a clear attempt to deflect the blame from the perpetrators onto the EU

I have never talked about biology being a factor you mentalist. It is culture, and western culture is better than Islamic culture. Why, you ask? Compare human rights in the west and human rights in most of the islamic world and you have your answer. Biology is the factor when it comes from the way people think.

Oh dear. You're aware we are the same people we were 5000 years ago right? There are some things that are biologically ingrained in people, and one of those things is the dislike of people who have significantly different attitudes to life.

I have never talked about biology being a factor
biologically ingrained

Don't lie to me.
Original post by lawyer3c
I'm sure Shaker Aamer (a British citizen) really felt the full force of America's commitment to human rights when he was held in Guantanamo Bay for over 13 years without being charged (he was occasionally tortured too - to underline the supremacy of "Western culture":wink:.

What makes x culture "better" than y culture? I.e. even if x culture, on average, has a superior record on "human rights" (however that is conceived) to y culture, why does that mean that x culture is "better" than y culture?

A few hundred people in a camp vs Gays being hunted down for their sexuality, FGM, arranged marriage and honour killings. GEE, I wonder which one is a better way to live?!

It means that the culture is better because more of its citizens get to live a better life without being in fear for their lives.
Original post by The_Opinion
Muslims are not in the UK as a result of the EU.

He also raised a valid point, regarding employment opportunities etc. which you ignored.

Also, just wait until the next Islamic terrorist attack, the resident leftists will flood into the thread ready to blame Trump.

This is my point, all you people claim to be pro-civilisation, pro-tolerance, pro-peace, but every time a bunch of far-right/racist nutters kill a member of the outgroup, suddenly you have all these excuses, you're just as bad as the terrorist sympathisers, basically the same on the inside.
Original post by 0to100
backpedaling. :giggle:

@WoodyMKCyour work here is done friend. He has admitted he is wrong.

You basically claimed that violent racism is unavoidable because racism is natural, it's a clear attempt to deflect the blame from the perpetrators onto the EU

No, it isn't. Of course, racism is bad. However, one has to acknowledge the causes in order to stop it, and that is one of them.

Don't lie to me.

I misunderstood what you wrote, I thought you meant that there was some biological element to culture. Apologies.
No, it isn't. Of course, racism is bad. However, one has to acknowledge the causes in order to stop it, and that is one of them.

So you want to stop racism by giving in to every single demand racists have?

Imagine if I switched racism for terrorism and racist for Salafi, you would never accept this, it's complete moral bankruptcy.

Don't lie to me.

Original post by WoodyMKC

lol you two
So you want to stop racism by giving in to every single demand racists have?

Imagine if I switched racism for terrorism and racist for Salafi, you would never accept this, it's complete moral bankruptcy.

No, I want to stop needlessly exacerbating a problem on behalf of the working class people already here. Skilled labour only, we have enough unskilled labourers.

What, if you said stop ****ing with the middle east to stop terrorism in the west? I would be 100% behind that.
No, I want to stop needlessly exacerbating a problem on behalf of the working class people already here. Skilled labour only, we have enough unskilled labourers.

This a load of BS anyway because if you removed every single Muslim, then every single Black person, then all EU migrants you would complain about the Scots or the Irish

What, if you said stop ****ing with the middle east to stop terrorism in the west? I would be 100% behind that.

Stop deflecting.
This a load of BS anyway because if you removed every single Muslim, then every single Black person, then all EU migrants you would complain about the Scots or the Irish

Well, I am not saying that. What I am saying, however, is that a quick influx of low skilled workers of a different culture coming into the country is going to cause social problems that are entirely avoidable. I am by no means suggesting we make a 100% white British society. You can drop the attempts to assassinate character by implying I am a racist because It simply isn't working. People will read what I have read and they can quite clearly see I am not.

Stop deflecting.

Only when you stop putting words in my mouth. I am not saying that we cave to racists, what I am saying is that the EU has done something ****ing stupid. One, among many other results of this policy, is increased ethnic tension and difficulties in the workplace for low-skilled british workers.

If It wasn't a false dichotomy it would still be incorrect because I never asserted such in the first place.
Reply 52
A few hundred people in a camp vs Gays being hunted down for their sexuality, FGM, arranged marriage and honour killings. GEE, I wonder which one is a better way to live?!

I think Shaker Aamer would have gone for a simple arranged marriage (not even a forced marriage? good times for Shaker!) rather than being kept without charge for 13 years and being force fed up his arse (see: 'rectal feeding').

It means that the culture is better because more of its citizens get to live a better life without being in fear for their lives.

Why does that make a culture "better"?
Original post by KingBradly
Essex is such a dive.

lmao be quiet mate
I think Shaker Aamer would have gone for a simple arranged marriage (not even a forced marriage? good times for Shaker!) rather than being kept without charge for 13 years and being force fed up his arse (see: 'rectal feeding':wink:.

What if Shaker Aamer was a gay? Would he rather be killed for that or go through 13 years as a result of doing suspicious potentially terroristic activities?

Why does that make a culture "better"?

It makes a culture better because more people can achieve a better quality of life, which is better because more people can achieve a higher level of happiness.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 55
What if Shaker Aamer was a gay? Would he rather be killed for that or go through 13 years as a result of doing suspicious potentially terroristic activities?

"a gay" - really helping your cause here

this really goes back to what salami says, you espouse the greatness of western values/culture, but when it's convenient for you you're willing to make excuses for terrible things done by the west ("potentially terroristic activities" - last i checked, we dont detain and torture people without charge for 13 years).

It makes a culture better because more people can achieve a better quality of life.

OK, so in your opinion: a culture is better if it allows people to achieve a better quality of life.

Why?
"a gay" - really helping your cause here

this really goes back to what salami says, you espouse the greatness of western values/culture, but when it's convenient for you you're willing to make excuses for terrible things done by the west ("potentially terroristic activities" - last i checked, we dont detain and torture people without charge for 13 years).

Oh please, I have gay friends who refer to themselves as gay, I am sure you'll survive.

I am not making excuses. What I am pointing out is that this is on a far smaller scale than what Is happening in islamic countries. Regardless, It is against western culture anyway and the foundation of the USA (go and read the US constitution, Petition of right, the concept of Habeas corpus etc.), and I would support its dismantlement.

I am pretty sure that Saddam, Khomeini, and others would disagree, if they didn't simply kill them.

I think that cultures are better when they allow a better quality of life because everybody should be allowed to be happy and live as they please.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 57

It makes a culture better because more people can achieve a better quality of life, which is better because more people can achieve a higher level of happiness.

Why is x culture "better" than y culture if the former allows people to "achieve a higher level of happiness" than the latter?
Why is x culture "better" than y culture if the former allows people to "achieve a higher level of happiness" than the latter?

It is because, ultimately, people's needs depends on the hierarchy of needs. When you have a society that doesn't allow a minority to fulfil the very basic need of sex in a way they see fit, it makes them miserable. Miserable people are less productive and are at greater risk of mental issues.
Reply 59
It is because, ultimately, people's needs depends on the hierarchy of needs. When you have a society that doesn't allow a minority to fulfil the very basic need of sex in a way they see fit, it makes them miserable. Miserable people are less productive and are at greater risk of mental issues.

OK, so: a happier culture is "better" because happier people are more productive.

Why is a culture that fosters greater productivity "better" than a culture that doesn't foster as much productivity?

Quick Reply