The Student Room Group

Tinder help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You don't really need to write anything in your bio except the course you're doing.

You dont match because of your bio, you match because you're attractive AND have good pictures to back that up.

By good pictures I mean not 5 mirror selfies and not 5 group photos
Reply 21
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Do not write I am a luscious male with raging hormones, the girls will think you are only after sex. Which to be fair you probably are, but they don't need to know that.

I read one guys profile which only had 'no nutters or psychos please', you could write that.

Every girl is a nutter. That won't work. They'll be put off. Girls are proud of 'being crazy' these days. Embracing it like never before.
Original post by sleepysnooze
nah you ain't - I'm not saying you can't succeed - I'm just telling you that tinder's not the place

You were right, I spent 15 minutes on there and then deleted my profile. The quality of girls on there is truly sicking.
Original post by candymonster
You were right, I spent 15 minutes on there and then deleted my profile. The quality of girls on there is truly sicking.

let me guess - most of them had basically no writing on their bios and a lot of them had duck face selfies, or group photos where you can't tell which one is them?
I realized that after 15 minutes on there. It's feces defined. :h:
let me guess - most of them had basically no writing on their bios and a lot of them had duck face selfies, or group photos where you can't tell which one is them?

Yeah, it's like being thrown in a dark alley in a creepy neighborhood. Scary stuff.
Original post by Farmacee
How about you write:

Couldn't think of a bio so I resorted to TSR. Tragic.

I just wrote "Come on baby, light my fire 🔥" while listening to the song "Light my fire" :biggrin:
...what do you want me to tell you? the girls on there are using tinder purely to find a hook up, meaning that, seeing as they're not going to be using it drunk, they will most likely *not* find you attractive unless you're a 10. that's different to finding them at a night club where their bar is a lot lower based on their beer goggles.

I met my boyfriend on tinder. We've been together almost 3 years. Two of my closest friends also had long term relationships from tinder. I don't know anyone who actually just uses it to hook up. You have a very skewed view of women.*
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I met my boyfriend on tinder. We've been together almost 3 years. Two of my closest friends also had long term relationships from tinder. I don't know anyone who actually just uses it to hook up. You have a very skewed view of women.*

your friends and you are in the minority I'm afraid.
your friends and you are in the minority I'm afraid.

maybe it's changed but most girls I know that are on tinder are on it to go on a few dates and just to pass the time swiping people. I don't really know of any girls who predatorially (is that a word) seek out guys just for sex through tinder or otherwise.*
I don't agree with Tinder being "utterly sh*te". There are actually some decent people on that app.

But anyway, it's your opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by babyshawte
I don't agree with Tinder being "utterly sh*te". There are actually some decent people on that app.

But anyway, it's your opinion.

Oh definitely. The problem is the decent people are overshadowed by flakes, people wanting an ego boost, and all sorts of idiots. :tongue:
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88

I agree. I also met my boyfriend on tinder as well and it has been the best long term relationship ever imo.

Some people just find the wrong ones and base their judgement solely on those who have disappointed them. But, if they use it for the right reasons then surely they will find somebody who shares the same views. They just have to be patient.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
If I was Prime minister I would actually make Tinder illegal..
I much preferred OKCupid. Most conversations on Tinder were fairly inane. But - I do know quite a few people who have gotten into relationships with people they met on tinder. Not everyone is just looking for a quick shag.
Original post by RooshV
You don't really need to write anything in your bio except the course you're doing.

You dont match because of your bio, you match because you're attractive AND have good pictures to back that up.

By good pictures I mean not 5 mirror selfies and not 5 group photos

Please don't take advice from someone called RooshV. I wonder does he think men are victims and rape should be legalised too like his namesake ?
Reply 37
Original post by mcneill98
Please don't take advice from someone called RooshV. I wonder does he think men are victims and rape should be legalised too like his namesake ?

Beta boy Beta boy!

Count yourself lucky that i'm replying to you.

I wont be doing it again.
Original post by RooshV
Beta boy Beta boy!

Count yourself lucky that i'm replying to you.

I wont be doing it again.

x) Cries that men are treated as victims and women are bad then calls himself alpha and everyone who disagrees a beta. :clap2::clap2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending