The Student Room Group

Is it okay if I take 3 A-Levels in AS, and 4 A-Levels in A2?

I want to take another A-Level in Year 13. Is this allowed? (I will probably take Psychology/Further Maths, which is better?)
Normally, people pick 4 in the AS and drop one in their A2s, have you considered this option? :smile:
Original post by AnnaRainbows
Normally, people pick 4 in the AS and drop one in their A2s, have you considered this option? :smile:

My school won't let me take 4 A-levels in AS. Is it uncommon but accepted to take 4 in A2 and 3 in AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
You can't just do the second half. You can take the AS on its own or you can take the full A level. You could take 3 A levels over 2 years and then pick up an extra AS in Year 13 but it would be a very odd thing to do.
Original post by dexterminate
I want to take another A-Level in Year 13. Is this allowed? (I will probably take Psychology/Further Maths, which is better?)

Whats the point ? universities only look at 3 A-levels anyway, doing more doesn't put you at much of an advantage at all, compared to doing other things like work experience or extra reading to show interest and insight into your chosen degree path. This is the same advice I have gotten from multiple admission tutors including one at Cambridge.
Original post by nihil_nimis
Whats the point ? universities only look at 3 A-levels anyway, doing more doesn't put you at much of an advantage at all, compared to doing other things like work experience or extra reading to show interest and insight into your chosen degree path. This is the same advice I have gotten from multiple admission tutors including one at Cambridge.

I want to go to Oxford but apparently you need to do 4 A-Levels to go there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you don't, look on their website, no course asks for more than 3 A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the Oxford website:

image.jpeg
Original post by meandegreen
On the Oxford website:

image.jpeg

THANK YOU! I needed this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heya Everybody! How's it going? Im just a student passing on from GCSE to AS Level and have chosen to pursue with Maths, Chemistry, Biology and RE in Northern Ireland. I just wanted to ask you guys about revision and study. Last year I made my notes in a journal per subject and it turned out to be very effective. But I was wondering whether it would be better to make notes on single sheets and slot them into a file per subject. I wanted to ask your opinion(for those who have maybe done both, or have/are already doing their A Levels)
Many thanks,
Revisionlad

Quick Reply

Latest