The Student Room Group

Nexplanon

I've had the nexplanon for almost a year. Normally this form of birth control stops the period. I want to know why the nexplanon makes my period last 3-4 weeks every month.
Original post by SarahMarie666
I've had the nexplanon for almost a year. Normally this form of birth control stops the period. I want to know why the nexplanon makes my period last 3-4 weeks every month.

It sounds like that's just how your body reacts with it. Go see your doctor as they might be able to give you something to knock your periods back into shape. I've heard of something like this before, although admittedly can't remember the details. If it's causing you too many problems, it might be worth considering another method. Your doctor would be able to suggest what might work better for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
The most common side effect of Nexplanon is a change in your normal menstrual bleeding pattern. Some women will notice shorter or longer bleeding, lighter or heavier bleeding. Some women may have bleeding or spotting between periods and some women will have no bleeding at all. Other common side effects include mood swings, weight gain, headache, depression, acne, vaginitis (inflammation of the vagina), breast pain and pain at the site of the insertion.

Quick Reply

Latest