The Student Room Group

Help me find a rich husband pls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by That'sGreat
How about you study your arse off, get into a decent uni, get a job, save up and make smart investments. Most millionaires won't go for a girl off an estate, earn your own money you lazy cow

No negativity pls, if you're not helping me on my quest to bag a rich man then pls don't comment
Original post by kiwi94
Also, I forgot to actually answer your thread, lol this is super entertaining to read. I honestly don't see why people say you're a gold digger. You're obviously smart if you're applying to unis and you never said you want to marry the guy just for his money. I honestly understand where you're coming from. When I was 18 and just out of high school, that 25 year old engineer guy wanted to date me and he was basically saying straight that he wanted to marry me one day, and okay he wasn't a millionaire lol but he earned 60k+ a year, which is probably way more than I'll ever earn unless I become a famous novelist/documentary maker, but that guy was just too arrogant, because in my town most people don't earn that much, and he was boasting about how he had a masters and a job that allowed him to travel and earn lots of money etc...

Also while I moved to Paris first year of uni, I met a rich guy, the sailing team type, and he invited me to super rich people parties and stuff, but what put me off was that he was overly confident because he was attractive, his family had money and he was ethnically ambiguous, which made him think he was cooler than he actually was. Other than that he was nice, not arrogant like everyone else says on this thread, but everything was handed to him so easily that we couldn't have been good together, because while to this day I still depend on my mom to pay for my stuff, I've had summer jobs so I know hard work. And also he was 2 years younger than me lmao so no thanks. Oh, and prepare yourself to be bullied by the rich girls in his life. They'll see you as an intruder stealing what they think they're entitled to. Especially if the guy is really attractive.

Thanks for this informative post x

Original post by Tom Jickleson
If you're serious about this (most likely not but anyways) then how about this: investing in yourself. You spend a few grand in making yourself more physically attractive, to increase your sexual worth. The more attractive you are, the richer the man you'll be able to obtain. The money will make itself back in the long run.

I'm being deadly serious. And I might have a boob job when I'm a bit older but yh thanks for the suggestions (and for not responding in a *****y tone like most of the ppl on this thread) x
Original post by Anonymous
They don't earn enough hun x

Prime minister x
Original post by samina_ay
Prime minister x

A hedge fund manager or someone on his way to being a big business CEO would be better :tongue:
Original post by MissEllieL
A hedge fund manager or someone on his way to being a big business CEO would be better :tongue:

Was thinking that too
Defining yourself by money is so tacky.

Even The Donald earns 7 figures, lads.

Anyone that mentions how much money they earn or how much money they want in a partner in any kind of dating situation deserves to be shot on sight.

I would probably prefer my date to have a penis than for her to ask how much money I earnt.

Finally, be more confident. Support your partner, encourage him and he will earn more money. Well-documented fact. YOU can make both of you rich. Find a smart, good looking man that loves you and get rich together. Sometimes you've just got to back the right horse.

SS
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 166
I think that your mindset is self limiting that's the problem
Original post by samina_ay
Prime minister x

Too much of a rah x
Original post by MissEllieL

Lol this girl gets it! x
Original post by Supersaps
Defining yourself by money is so tacky.

Even The Donald earns 7 figures, lads.

Anyone that mentions how much money they earn or how much money they want in a partner in any kind of dating situation deserves to be shot on sight.

I would probably prefer my date to have a penis than for her to ask how much money I earnt.

Finally, be more confident. Support your partner, encourage him and he will earn more money. Well-documented fact. YOU can make both of you rich. Find a smart, good looking man that loves you and get rich together. Sometimes you've just got to back the right horse.

SS

Original post by al_94
I think that your mindset is self limiting that's the problem

No negativity pls guys. Either help support my ambition or don't comment at all x
Too much of a rah x

what is your own background considering you want to avoid rahs?
Lol this girl gets it! x

We should join forces :tongue:

LOL.
apparently Nottingham is full of 'rich Londoners'.

I live in Nottingham and no it's not
Reply 174
They don't earn enough hun x

You must be exceptional to be that picky.
Original post by Josb
You must be exceptional to be that picky.

I bet they'll end up with a permanent JSA claimant..
Original post by Serine Soul
I bet they'll end up with a permanent JSA claimant..

Because wealthy London Suburbs aren't replete with empty, useless gold-digging housewives with wealthy husbands. /s
Lol why are you going to bother posting if its not helpful. I said at the start spare me that bs about being golddigger. I'm not stupid, my grades aren't terrible and I aspire to attend a russell group uni (hardly anyone from my estate attends uni let alone a russell group)..BUT I want to break away from thos crappy social class. Now that doesn't mean I'm going to drop my knickers for the first rich guy I meet but I want to be in a vicinity where I can meet quite a few and hopefully we click. I can't do that on my own. I want a family and in order to reach millionaire status I anticipate it will take at least a decade. And also loads of women do this. The duchess of this country did it and no ones out there calling her a golddigging whore.

You are so clueless it's unreal. Unless you are hiding some special information, I cannot see why you can't be this successful yourself. I hope you surprise yourself. Good luck.
You shouldda PM'd me OP

I had 6 figures in my savings account a few months ago.

Spent it all now though
shouldda sent me a PM OP,

I had 6 figures in my savings account a few months ago

spent it now tho :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending