The Student Room Group

Confess something you want to get off your chest!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sempiternitas
Ah, I had ZERO work experience when I was writing my personal statement, and nobody questioned my lack of it. Is it a prerequisite for your subject?

What did you apply for ? And yes work experience is part of the requirement

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate everyone on this site, and if I didn't have such a long fuse I would be banned in minutes.
I ate a live spider

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sanniabir
What did you apply for ? And yes work experience is part of the requirement

Posted from TSR Mobile

Classics. Ah, well, that might be a different situation. :/ But there is still time so apply for whatever you can!
Reply 44

Spoiler

Original post by SeanFM
Can't, it's been moved to a section where you can't post anonymously. Otherwise there is usually a box that says 'make post anonymously'.

tfw you want to confess something heavy but there's no anon
I want another cat.

There, I said it :tongue:
I keep my emotions to myself, I don't like people seeing me at my weakest.

So, most people think I have no care in the world when I am probably one of the most worrisome people around.
I had a fight with someone a few days ago and it was my fault and I feel guilty now.

There's my friend's birthday party tomorrow night, I'm not 'fixed' enough to party and I couldn't tell him lol, so I lied and said I'd be busy.

:afraid:
I'm really struggling to write my personal statement . Especially because I don't have the relaxant work experience . Is it too late to do some ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't write about work experience in mine and i still got 4/5 choices. And you can always do some volunteer work and write about that.

Spoiler

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
I had a fight with someone a few days ago and it was my fault and I feel guilty now.There's my friend's birthday party tomorrow night, I'm not 'fixed' enough to party and I couldn't tell him lol, so I lied and said I'd be busy.:afraid:

Thats ok, you only have 3 choices with the birthday party.

1) You dont go-but miss out on the party ofc

2) You go and say you have time now -this is the easier path

3) You go and say the truth ( you dont have to say everything, just say you were unsure, or not in the mood at first)

-this assumes the birthday person isnt the person you fought with.....
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm really struggling to write my personal statement . Especially because I don't have the relaxant work experience . Is it too late to do some ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not too late at all. I couldn't get any work experience until the beginning of year 13
I come across as an incredibly laid back person to everyone, but deep down I worry about everything and I know I have an anxiety disorder
I think I suffer depression but am too scared to talk to someone about it and be diagnosed. My family don't believe in mental illness.
Original post by BadboiQ

Original post by tcameron
I think I suffer depression but am too scared to talk to someone about it and be diagnosed. My family don't believe in mental illness.

I feel exactly the same
:colonhash:
Original post by Anonymous
I need advice on this guys. I applied to a really good sixth form and they told me to come and enroll on the 26th of August at 9am. However, I live far from the sixth form but I am supposed to move to a different foster home this week. So my foster carer decided to wake up late and we ended up leaving at 9 even though my meeting was at nine. So I arrived in the sixth form at 11:45 and I was the last one to be called in. The last few people before me we're getting rejected simply because the spaces were filled. I became quite angry and frustrated because if I had come earlier I would've got my place no problem. The principal called me in and we discussed poetry; he then told me he enjoyed the discussion but he couldn't offer me a place. And the thing I did after that kind of depresses me and I wish I never done it. I applied to the school last year and they prioritise different people in different predicaments. So in July, I was taken into care and I was meant to inform the sixth form but I didn't because I felt embarrased. If I did inform them then I would've gotten my place because I got a high score in my entrance exams and interview. BUt I told the principal about my situation AFTER he rejected me. And I knew after that he'll offer me place. Now I really don't know if I should go because I feel like I cheated the system and will never feel like I belong. It will always haunt me; but the thing is, I've wanted to go to this sixth from year ten.

I have four different offers from other sixth forms but I'm not interested. What do I do?

It isn't cheating the system, it's working with the system. Like you said, you would've got a place if you'd said earlier. My thoughts would be that it's like not using a calculator or a text in an exam. Yes, you could do it without the help, but it would ee silly to refuse the help the system gives you! I get that you feel embarrassed, but don't let it dictate your life, I guarantee if you turn it down then you'll be haunted by 'what ifs' for years. Go for it! All the best to you!
Original post by SP1234321
I feel exactly the same

Same. i also worry that by not declaring it on UCAS that I'm lying to the Unis, but at the same time I can't put it down cause it's not diagnosed
Chicken breasts

Quick Reply

Latest