The Student Room Group

Celtic at Oxford?

I want to study some Celtic as part of my degree possibly. Is Celtic available for 2017 entry?
I know it must be combined so History&Celtic.

I emailed the departement a week ago and had no reply.
Original post by jackmolineux
I want to study some Celtic as part of my degree possibly. Is Celtic available for 2017 entry?
I know it must be combined so History&Celtic.

I emailed the departement a week ago and had no reply.

Are you sure you have the right uni? I am pretty sure Oxford don't offer Celtic at undergrad degree level. I just checked the languages faculty website and it's not listed...

Are you sure you're not thinking of Cambridge, as opposed to Oxford? I believe they offer Celtic as part of the ASNAC degree (Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic studies) :yes:

EDIT: Apologies, my bad - I clearly wasn't looking hard enough! Seems the undergrad course may not be quite up and running, as such? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Are you sure you have the right uni? I am pretty sure Oxford don't offer Celtic at undergrad degree level. I just checked the languages faculty website and it's not listed...

Are you sure you're not thinking of Cambridge, as opposed to Oxford? I believe they offer Celtic as part of the ASNAC degree (Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic studies) :yes:

EDIT: Apologies, my bad - I clearly wasn't looking hard enough! Seems the undergrad course may not be quite up and running, as such? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps it's the reverse: I saw an article in summer saying Oxford were closing their Celtic course, but maybe I got mixed up!*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending